Won't post after CPU change

Starzilla

I have a new build, I got the system working with a cpu with integrated graphics because I had a few trouble shooting problems to work through. I then changed to a different CPU.

Everything turns on except the mobo has some LEDs (Aorus x570 Elite Wifi).

It's with a 2080 super, corsair 850rmx psu a ryzen 5950x and 128 gbs of RAM. I tried reseating the RAM and clearing cmos, but now I'm stuck. Does anyone have any ideas for what I could try?

Is the BIOS updated for the newer chip? It's rare that a motherboard that ships today doesn't support Ryzen 5000, but it is possible. If the CPU you were using was a 3200G or 3400G and you switched over to the 5950X, it's very possible that you just need to do a BIOS update to get everything to work. 

They aren't debug LEDs I don't think, when it was running it just lit up orange.

I have updated the bios, but I updated to F36e, maybe that is a beta?

It was a Ryzen 5 5600g that is being used in another system, so I assumed if it would work with that one it would work with a Ryzen 9 5950 right?

Is it possible the CPU is dead? Everything else wouldn't light up if it were right? Because the ram lights up and the GPU and everything else, but the MOBO doesn't, but I did notice with the other CPU that the mobo didn't light up until right before the posy almost as if it doesn't until it's booted?

3 hours ago, Starzilla said:

It was a Ryzen 5 5600g that is being used in another system, so I assumed if it would work with that one it would work with a Ryzen 9 5950 right?

That is a correct assumption.

They aren't debug LEDs I don't think, when it was running it just lit up orange.

This is half the reason I don't recommend Gigabyte motherboards. What you can do is try to pull a buzzer out of another old computer or buy one on Amazon for ~$5, that way you can hear beep codes. It's not the same but it's better than nothing.

Is it possible the CPU is dead?

That's what it's looking like. If the 8 pin power connector is fully connected, the motherboard should be working just fine. You can try doing a CPU reseat, but that's about the only thing I can think of. 

Also, make sure to tag/quote us so we get a notification that you responded. 

14 hours ago, Tech87 said:

What are the LEDs on the mobo?

4 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

That's what it's looking like. If the 8 pin power connector is fully connected, the motherboard should be working just fine. You can try doing a CPU reseat, but that's about the only thing I can think of. 

I pulled it out with the GPU and put it into another system that works with a 5000 series chip that had an MSI Tomahawk Max II since that one has debug LED's and it is the CPU led that is lighting up. I promise I have both the 8-pin and the 24-pin connected as well as the gpu connected directly to the PSU (even tried it with the other Ryzen chip to be sure). Dang it, maybe it really is shorted or faulty, I was really hoping I just missed something.

4 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Also, make sure to tag/quote us so we get a notification that you responded. 

oh, yes haha, thanks.