CPU at around 20% & GPU at 100%

Ktox_

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

GPU: 3070ti

PSU: 650w

RAM: 16gb

Been playing Valorant and my frames would drop from around 300 fps to around 120fps and get stuck there. Did a bit of googling and it turns out im getting bottlenecked? Is this true and which part of my pc do I need to upgrade.

image.png.18145abd5b060813b82a2d3617e4da20.png

GPU at 100% and low CPU usage is a perfect situation. The opposite is a terrible situation and would result in a very poor gameplay experience. 

What's going to actually matter when diagnosing this is what those stats do when you have these frame drops. What changes.

8 minutes ago, rickeo said:

GPU at 100% and low CPU usage is a perfect situation. The opposite is a terrible situation and would result in a very poor gameplay experience. 

What's going to actually matter when diagnosing this is what those stats do when you have these frame drops. What changes.

image.png.4b7aef4e5da0b7419958f1efa7dbbe14.png

Regular stats are around 200-300 fps, Render latency at around 5-10ms and game latency at 8

image.png.d7c53649c5f4bdbba724b2a1627cfd4f.png

When I start lagging, my fps drops to around 120 fps, Render latency goes up about double to 22ms, and Game latency also about doubles.

This problem persists until I restart my game. This isn't a ping issue as I have constant ping under 20.