A sad G710+ keyboard lover probably looking for a replacement

im_Stef

Hi,

Recently i got home to a water leak, and my G710+ keyboard had been sitting in a puddle while powered on for 6-7 hours, i immediately unplugged it, and after dealing with other issues for 30 minutes, fully disassembled it and did my best padding the pcb dry with a cloth, but it looks real nasty and already slightly corroded, i will try to reassemble and see if it works, but do any of you guys have tips for what i could do to increase the chance it lives? and if it is declared deceased, any suggestions for similar feeling keyboards with brown switches? do you think its a real chance that the pcb is dead but i can salvage the switches? how hard is it for a tech casual to salvage all the switches with a soldering iron and build a new keyboard with them? Covid has not been kind to my budget, so im working with around 130€

Thanks you for any input.

Stef 

IMG_20211201_174619.jpg

Get some high content isoproypl alcahol, put it in a tub covering the keyboard pcb, and let it soak for ~5 hours.

Then dry.

If you see more corosion, get a soft toothbrush and gently clean it off with more isoproypl, making sure to not take off one of the smcs

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Considering the situation and how old that keyboard is, I'd try anything without fear of losing it for good. To the alcohol land we go.