Low fps in RUST

Not Miha

I got a asus cerberus gtx 1050 ti in games like gta 5 i get 40fps avg on 1080p ultra 8x msa and in minecraft with seus renewed shaders on max 70fps. But in rust i get the same 40 fps like i was getting on a quadro 2000. Same settings, version, location in rust. 

Other specs:

Xeon w3565

8gb ddr3 

Gtx 1050 ti 

500gb ssd

1tb hdd

Pls help. 

Sounds like a CPU bottleneck. That Xeon is old, and Rust is a very CPU bound game. It might be time to upgrade it if you want higher FPS in Rust, or try to overclock the crap out of it.

22 hours ago, Tech87 said:

That's a sign that you're being limited by a component other than the GPU.

Likely the cpu or ram.

My friend has same specs as me but he has 4gb of ddr3 ram same speed as mine. 

22 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Sounds like a CPU bottleneck. That Xeon is old, and Rust is a very CPU bound game. It might be time to upgrade it if you want higher FPS in Rust, or try to overclock the crap out of it.

I know my xeon is old but in other cpu intensive games run smoth on 1080p high 60fps +. And how do you recomend for owerclocking it? 

27 minutes ago, Not Miha said:

I know my xeon is old but in other cpu intensive games run smoth on 1080p high 60fps +. And how do you recomend for owerclocking it? 

What games? And Rust is probably one of the most CPU bound games on the market today, so I am not surprised by it running this badly.

As for overclocking, you need to make sure you're using an X58 motherboard, since that's the only chipset that supports overclocking on that socket. The way you overclock X58 is with base clock overclocking. There are tons of tutorials for how to overclock these CPUs, and I'd be surprised if you can't at least get 4GHz if not higher.