Can I use a 19V, 90W and 4.74A charging cable on a 19.5V, 65W and 3.33A laptop

I recently lost my charging cable for my laptop and am in need of a new one. I found a cable in our local electronics shop but I'm not sure if it would damage my laptop. The new cable puts out 19V, 90W and 4.74A. My old one put out 19.5V, 65W and 3.33A. Should I look for another cable or would that one be fine? Thank you guys for your responses.

It should be fine as long as the plug matches and there isn't some kind of manufacturer lock/check. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

28 minutes ago, BiggChungus said:

I recently lost my charging cable for my laptop and am in need of a new one. I found a cable in our local electronics shop but I'm not sure if it would damage my laptop. The new cable puts out 19V, 90W and 4.74A. My old one put out 19.5V, 65W and 3.33A. Should I look for another cable or would that one be fine? Thank you guys for your responses.

If it's a Dell, HP, Lenovo, etc that have a standard barrel plug, then as long as the polarity is correct it's fine.

You can buy universal chargers up to a maximum of 90w. After that, usually the adapters are specialized. That said, 19.5V is standard Dell/HP voltage, and their chargers are technically interchangeable, but they will complain about it.

That's the risk you run with a third party adapter, is that there will be a logic ic in the charger that prevents the laptop from using it because it's an unauthorized accessory. If your laptop has USB-C on it, see if a USB-C PD charger may work.

• 2 weeks later...

Depends, i have a ROG M15 GU502LU and it has 60W PD USB - C, i wouldnt fully recommend if the PC is High End, since the computer wont fully charge the PC With 60W, 90W would sorta help, but with my advice, get a universal charger, or look up your Model to see if it has a charger u can order