Best home video surveillance system?

Chaos Network

I did not know what sub-forum to put this in, so I put it in the general forum. Please move if theres a more appropriate category for this.

I am looking for my best option for a home video security system.

Requirements: 

2 interior cameras, as small as possible so they can be hidden

3 or 4 exterior cameras with ptz (pan, tilt, zoom) and it would be nice if they had the activity follow feature, where if someone drives down my driveway, the camera pans to follow the vehicle.

all cameras must be 4k or better

low light performance should be great

must be accessible from my phone anywhere in the world

Open to any and all suggestions you may have.

"If you gon be bout it, be bout it bout it" ~ Gavin 'itsjusta6' Simon

I play games - Look at my profile for specs

I love memes. I make bad memes, but I like dank memes, who doesn't?

I am good at editing videos and pictures, feel free to message me if you would like some work done.

Thanks!

Kole Overby

Owner At:

Chaos Network

DanTheNali Videography

Employee At:

Neighborhood Mechanic

Heinen's Powersports

28 minutes ago, Chaos Network said:

as small as possible so they can be hidden

This is illegal in many areas. Why do you want to secretly record people in your home?

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

20 minutes ago, Roswell said:

This is illegal in many areas. Why do you want to secretly record people in your home?

this is perfectly legal in the usa. its my home, you can record anyone anywhere without consent. i live in the middle of nowhere the interior cameras are more for legal reasons if i ever have a break in

I am good at editing videos and pictures, feel free to message me if you would like some work done.

Thanks!

Kole Overby

Owner At:

Chaos Network

DanTheNali Videography

Employee At:

Neighborhood Mechanic

Heinen's Powersports

2 minutes ago, Chaos Network said:

this is perfectly legal in the usa. its my home, you can record anyone anywhere without consent. i live in the middle of nowhere the interior cameras are more for legal reasons if i ever have a break in

It’s absolutely not perfectly legal… lol. I suggest reading up on expectation of privacy laws surrounding video/audio recordings. The vast majority of US states consider this illegal voyeurism unless you inform people that enter your property of the hidden cameras.

The above doesn’t even touch on places in the house like bedrooms or bathrooms where people may undress. Hidden cameras in those circumstances can lead to sex offender charges.

I strongly suggest reading your specific state’s laws around hidden cameras in private areas. Whatever laws you’ve heard of that apply to recording in public places are VASTLY different than the ones that apply to private property.

Of course all of this can be avoided if you don’t hide the cameras… Having the camera in a visible space and only having them in common areas is usually considered automatic consent.

2 minutes ago, Roswell said:

It’s absolutely not perfectly legal… lol. I suggest reading up on expectation of privacy laws surrounding video/audio recordings. The vast majority of US states consider this illegal voyeurism unless you inform people that enter your property of the hidden cameras.

The above doesn’t even touch on places in the house like bedrooms or bathrooms where people may undress. Hidden cameras in those circumstances can lead to sex offender charges.

I strongly suggest reading your specific state’s laws around hidden cameras in private areas. Whatever laws you’ve heard of that apply to recording in public places are VASTLY different than the ones that apply to private property.

Of course all of this can be avoided if you don’t hide the cameras… Having the camera in a visible space and only having them in common areas is usually considered automatic consent

the plan is to just kinda have them blend into either the trim, woodwork or something. and only 2 interior, one in the kitchen and one in the living room. ie: common areas

Thanks!

Kole Overby

Owner At:

Chaos Network

DanTheNali Videography

Employee At:

Neighborhood Mechanic

Heinen's Powersports

2 minutes ago, Chaos Network said:

the plan is to just kinda have them blend into either the trim, woodwork or something. and only 2 interior, one in the kitchen and one in the living room. ie: common areas

Oh, well that’s fine. If a person can reasonably spot them then it doesn’t matter in common areas. I thought you meant like spy camera level hidden cameras.

Most indoor security cameras can be corner mounted to blend in better. Although, if you want them with IR for night vision they’re going to be a bit chunky.

considering unifi equipment from ubiquity, though just about everything on their site is sold out, and i can now justify the $1800 for their ptz camera and am wondering if it is doable to adopt a non unifi camera

Thanks!

Kole Overby

Owner At:

Chaos Network

DanTheNali Videography

Employee At:

Neighborhood Mechanic

Heinen's Powersports