Wireless mouse or not wireless mouse for university student?

junzhi2002

I am "unfortunate" enough to get my university life stuck inside the COVID period, since the pandemic is slowly going away in my country (its probably fake data), and my mouse that stayed with me for 4 years died (Alcatroz actually lasted 😬 that long), I am considering two different logitech mouse.

Logitech G304 LIGHTSPEED (wireless) vs G502 HERO (wired)
After considering some rechargeable batteries, the price of G304 is about 30% more expensive than G502

I dont know anything about university life, therefore I am hesitating. Can anyone give a brief recommendation for an undergraduate engineering student? My usage should be going to school for about 3~8 hours, 4 days per week and some light gaming (CSGO, genshin impact) / tutoring (teaching on microsoft whiteboard).

If you plan on taking your laptop with you to class, wireless is definitely preferred

Less plugging and unplugging of your USB port, so less wear

But if you ask me, I'd personally get a different mouse to bring to class as gaming mouse tends to require more frequent charging and it sucks to run out of battery when you're in class

Bonus points is that you don't have to take mouse out of your bag every day

I used a wired gaming mouse at home and pack a Logitech M545 mouse in my uni bag

Though, Logitech's wireless gaming mouse should perform fine if that's what you're concerned about

I'd personally go both wireless if given the choice to pick my options again

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately