New build plans any advice?

Deviantbull95
Go to solution Solved by Guest,
3 hours ago, Deviantbull95 said:

It would be better if i keep the price at 7500 usd-ish so i was thinking of going with an msi meg x570s ace max i like the look of the board and i like msi ... would that be a decent enough board for a 5950x and an rtx 3090 with some light overclocking? 

It has 16 x 90A power stages, so yeah it won't have any issues with an overclocked 5950X. 

Budget (including currency): 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Ok so im going to be doing a build that i want to make completley over the top. 

The build will include:

amd ryzen 9 5950x 

: msi gaming geforce rtx 3090 

: msi x570 godlike 

: g skill trident z royal elite (4x16gb)

: msi mpg coreliquid k360 cpu aio 

: lian li 011dxl

: evga supernova 1000 p5 80+ plat 1000 w

fully modular psu 

: samsung 980 pro 1tb pcie nvme gen 4 ssd

x3 

: antec addressable rgb fans 6x120mm

: western digital red plus 14 tb  hdd x2

: and some peripherals of choice ... but i have a question... what type of chords can i make rgb and customized and how do i know what is right and what isnt? I think my graphics card is 3x8 pin but im not 100 percent sure i could honestly just use some help any answers or opinions are appreciated ... thank you. Also  any pointers on the planned build.. changes to be made ..or opinions to be had are all welcomed. 

28 minutes ago, Deviantbull95 said:

Budget (including currency): 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Ok so im going to be doing a build that i want to make completley over the top. 

The build will include:

amd ryzen 9 5950x 

: msi gaming geforce rtx 3090 

: msi x570 godlike 

: g skill trident z royal elite (4x16gb)

: msi mpg coreliquid k360 cpu aio 

: lian li 011dxl

: evga supernova 1000 p5 80+ plat 1000 w

fully modular psu 

: samsung 980 pro 1tb pcie nvme gen 4 ssd

x3 

: antec addressable rgb fans 6x120mm

: western digital red plus 14 tb  hdd x2

: and some peripherals of choice ... but i have a question... what type of chords can i make rgb and customized and how do i know what is right and what isnt? I think my graphics card is 3x8 pin but im not 100 percent sure i could honestly just use some help any answers or opinions are appreciated ... thank you. Also  any pointers on the planned build.. changes to be made ..or opinions to be had are all welcomed. 

Uhhh dream build or an actual build? Cause to put it lightly this build looks like a pile of nonsense that has been stuck together, only a person that can burn money aka won the lottery or have rich parents or something can afford to get this, and usually the will is just for social media cred aka clout

If you want over the top then why not just go threadripper? Or atleast intel 12th gen? Also might aswell throw in a custom loop and start overclocking the crap out of it considering the board and rams

If you ask me to be really over the top you will still need to put in some actual work and not just buy everything, aka start subzero cooling or atleast custom water your parts, cause the only way this build will impress ppl is the price, otherwise its kinda generic ngl (and i am not impressed at all)

if you wanna impress ppl you gotta put in actual work cause buying is really only going to impress the non tech savvy at all ppl, for starters look at subzero cooling with a peltier, with a high enough power peltier you could cool the cpu but linus has had no success with peltier cpu coolers other than the 360mm aio with a tec, so best use tec cooling for low power stuff like rams

Also what will you even use it for? Cause a high power machine gotta have some real use and not just be a god damn paperweight only for flexing

49 minutes ago, Deviantbull95 said:

western digital red plus 14 tb  hdd x2

Why do you need 28TB of data on HDD's?

I'm here to help you out with some basic tasks, I'm still learning some things, so don't belive I can solve everything 😉

I'm collecting all type of hardware - 90% of my collection is a LGA775 stuff rest is some 2010's Era

Hit me up on discord if you want to talk more

heli #1337

18 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Uhhh dream build or an actual build? Cause to put it lightly this build looks like a pile of nonsense that has been stuck together, only a person that can burn money aka won the lottery or have rich parents or something can afford to get this, and usually the will is just for social media cred aka clout

If you want over the top then why not just go threadripper? Or atleast intel 12th gen? Also might aswell throw in a custom loop and start overclocking the crap out of it considering the board and rams

If you ask me to be really over the top you will still need to put in some actual work and not just buy everything, aka start subzero cooling or atleast custom water your parts, cause the only way this build will impress ppl is the price, otherwise its kinda generic ngl (and i am not impressed at all)

if you wanna impress ppl you gotta put in actual work cause buying is really only going to impress the non tech savvy at all ppl, for starters look at subzero cooling with a peltier, with a high enough power peltier you could cool the cpu but linus has had no success with peltier cpu coolers other than the 360mm aio with a tec, so best use tec cooling for low power stuff like rams

Also what will you even use it for? Cause a high power machine gotta have some real use and not just be a god damn paperweight only for flexing

Wow ok idk why you seem so worked up. The computer is not a "flex" its a computer its called a hobby. And quite frankly some of us are way past the age of living with mommy and daddy and they make thier own money. And sometimes occasionally enjoy splurging on thier hobbies. The computer will have its uses plz dont be concerned about that(and yes i will be overclocking) To address the custom loop it will be recieving a custom loop in time as i may be splurging but even i pay attention to my limits with all at once purchases. The aio and air cooling will be sufficient enough to allow me to start using the computer and reaping the benefits. As far as the parts selection its not random. Not that i have to explain my personal reasons but I have msi parts because i have built with them before and i just enjoy the brand . I have picked out parts that are compatible that i enjoy and thats what customizing a pc is for. So again i dont see why your so worked up or have to try and make this something personal or whatever but i was only asking about the pc and dont really need life advice . Although your effort is appreciated.

21 minutes ago, Helly Benchmarking said:

Why do you need 28TB of data on HDD's?

Mass storage of course. games. Music. movies. pictures. So on so forth. mass amounts of each.

2 minutes ago, Deviantbull95 said:

Wow ok idk why you seem so worked up. The computer is not a "flex" its a computer its called a hobby. And quite frankly some of us are way past the age of living with mommy and daddy and they make thier own money. And sometimes occasionally enjoy splurging on thier hobbies. The computer will have its uses plz dont be concerned about that(and yes i will be overclocking) To address the custom loop it will be recieving a custom loop in time as i may be splurging but even i pay attention to my limits with all at once purchases. The aio and air cooling will be sufficient enough to allow me to start using the computer and reaping the benefits. As far as the parts selection its not random. Not that i have to explain my personal reasons but I have msi parts because i have built with them before and i just enjoy the brand . I have picked out parts that are compatible that i enjoy and thats what customizing a pc is for. So again i dont see why your so worked up or have to try and make this something personal or whatever but i was only asking about the pc and dont really need life advice . Although your effort is appreciated.

Oh i thought you were just overkilling to flex or just get clout because holy crap that build is basically what a clout chaser would build, like msi godlike is completely useless for anyone other than xocers and its really there just because they could make a stupidly overkill and basically useless board, same goes for crosshair viii extreme

The things that made me really convinced that you were clout chasing was the mb and rams

Usually my expectation for a rich pc hobby would just be good ocing components that arent literally just glorified status symbols, the godlike and the rams are literally the definition of glorified status symbols and you can get cheaper stuff and still have the same performance and ocability, rams wise id suggest looking for a decent b die kit like viper steel 4400 cl19 or ripjaws v 3600 cl16 (16-16-16 not 16-18-18) or a decent m die kit like tridentz neo

Well i guess the parts choices were more in my flexer or dream build assumption rather than actual pc hobbyist assumption but hey i guess everyones different, personally im just f ing around with lga 775 oc but thats because i have no money xD  also kinda interesting to oc the crap out of it cause cpus are cheap and killing one only costs like 3$ for an e8x00 cpu or ~15$ for a quadcore e54xx, also aided with deathzone being like 2.05v

Welp i think youd like the b550 or x570 unify x mobo, good ram overclocking ability and good vrms aswell for cpu oc, godlike just makes no sense other than just being a flex board

And rams wise maybe go for some tridentz neo rams, 2x16 or 2x32 for good ram overclockability

23 minutes ago, Deviantbull95 said:

Mass storage of course. games. Music. movies. pictures. So on so forth. mass amounts of each.

Why don't you get for example two 2TB HDD's and get RAID on them?

Or maybe four 1TB HDD's and do RAID 0+1 on them.

You will not use 28TB imo

I'm here to help you out with some basic tasks, I'm still learning some things, so don't belive I can solve everything 😉

I'm collecting all type of hardware - 90% of my collection is a LGA775 stuff rest is some 2010's Era

Hit me up on discord if you want to talk more

heli #1337

9 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Oh i thought you were just overkilling to flex or just get clout because holy crap that build is basically what a clout chaser would build, like msi godlike is completely useless for anyone other than xocers and its really there just because they could make a stupidly overkill and basically useless board, same goes for crosshair viii extreme

The things that made me really convinced that you were clout chasing was the mb and rams

Usually my expectation for a rich pc hobby would just be good ocing components that arent literally just glorified status symbols, the godlike and the rams are literally the definition of glorified status symbols and you can get cheaper stuff and still have the same performance and ocability, rams wise id suggest looking for a decent b die kit like viper steel 4400 cl19 or ripjaws v 3600 cl16 (16-16-16 not 16-18-18) or a decent m die kit like tridentz neo

Well i guess the parts choices were more in my flexer or dream build assumption rather than actual pc hobbyist assumption but hey i guess everyones different, personally im just f ing around with lga 775 oc but thats because i have no money xD  also kinda interesting to oc the crap out of it cause cpus are cheap and killing one only costs like 3$ for an e8x00 cpu or ~15$ for a quadcore e54xx, also aided with deathzone being like 2.05v

Welp i think youd like the b550 or x570 unify x mobo, good ram overclocking ability and good vrms aswell for cpu oc, godlike just makes no sense other than just being a flex board

And rams wise maybe go for some tridentz neo rams, 2x16 or 2x32 for good ram overclockability

How about the msi meg x570 ace mobo? 

11 minutes ago, Helly Benchmarking said:

Why don't you get for example two 2TB HDD's and get RAID on them?

Or maybe four 1TB HDD's and do RAID 0+1 on them.

You will not use 28TB imo

Ahh where is the fun in that? Plus the point is to not beable to use it all.

8 minutes ago, Deviantbull95 said:

How about the msi meg x570 ace mobo? 

Meh, too close to a crosshair viii hero aka completely uneccesaary unless you plan on subzero cpu overclocking

Unify x only has 2 slots but thatll give you good ram oc results, you could prob run some really high speeds with absurdly low timings, though if your cpu hates fclk then rip, although you can still tighten your timings alot even if ram freq is maxed out

Heck if you are like me and likes fabricating sht then you could prob just fabricate a tec ram cooler for even more ram ocability but at that point its just because you can, unless you are running 4000mhz+ with low timings such as cl14 then subzero is prob not neccesary but hey just for the fun of it, although youll have to figure out how to f ing insulate the damn thing, fabricating wise you just gotta cut and solder a bunch of metal together, and since you have budget might aswell make it out of copper xD

3 hours ago, lee32uk said:

If you are going Ryzen and X570 I would get one of the X570S boards, as they don't have the chipset fan.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/8GVmP6/msi-meg-x570s-ace-max-atx-am4-motherboard-meg-x570s-ace-max

I was going to get the msi x570 godlike but everyone keeps telling me i shouldnt 

23 hours ago, Deviantbull95 said:

I was going to get the msi x570 godlike but everyone keeps telling me i shouldnt 

Only main reason not to buy it is the price. If you can justify that and are happy to spend that amount then it is a very good board. 

On 11/21/2021 at 4:57 AM, Deviantbull95 said:

samsung 980 pro 1tb pcie nvme gen 4 ssd

x3 

I'd just swap this out for 1 2TB drive instead or 2 x 2TB; it gives you a spare m.2 slot for more storage down the line.

On 11/21/2021 at 4:57 AM, Deviantbull95 said:

msi x570 godlike 

If you want more of quiet mobo, I would go with a X570S. This is a refresh X570 with updated bios so you don't need to use bios flashback. Some option:

MSI MAG X570S TOMAHAWK MAX WIFI

Gigabyte X570S AORUS MASTER

Gigabyte X570S AERO G (white one)

You can also consider going with 12th gen intel. A 12900k with a DDR4 Z690 board actually does beat a 5950X (probably not enough to matter too much though).

2 hours ago, Jonathan Lee said:

I'd just swap this out for 1 2TB drive instead or 2 x 2TB; it gives you a spare m.2 slot for more storage down the line.

If you want more of quiet mobo, I would go with a X570S. This is a refresh X570 with updated bios so you don't need to use bios flashback. Some option:

MSI MAG X570S TOMAHAWK MAX WIFI

Gigabyte X570S AORUS MASTER

Gigabyte X570S AERO G (white one)

You can also consider going with 12th gen intel. A 12900k with a DDR4 Z690 board actually does beat a 5950X (probably not enough to matter too much though).

I just personally prefer amd ..

And i was actually thinking of going with a  msi meg x570s ace max mobo would that be de ent enough? 

3 hours ago, lee32uk said:

Only main reason not to buy it is the price. If you can justify that and are happy to spend that amount then it is a very good board. 

It would be better if i keep the price at 7500 usd-ish so i was thinking of going with an msi meg x570s ace max i like the look of the board and i like msi ... would that be a decent enough board for a 5950x and an rtx 3090 with some light overclocking? 

1 hour ago, Deviantbull95 said:

I just personally prefer amd ..

And i was actually thinking of going with a  msi meg x570s ace max mobo would that be de ent enough? 

Yea that mobo should be plenty for the 5950x

3 hours ago, Deviantbull95 said:

It has 16 x 90A power stages, so yeah it won't have any issues with an overclocked 5950X.