Need help with improving the cooling.

Crizon64

Hey,

I've got a prebuilt PC which is called the Vortex ST-X on the UK site Curry's PC World (£1750). The site specifies most of the specifications, except the cooling fans and CPU cooler. There's only one intake and outtake fan, and the case is pretty ugly.

Right now the PC is on the floor and I put it far enough away from the wall so I don't trip over it. I'm planning to put it on a desk when I get a bigger one.

When playing games on the max setting such as Kena, Forza and Apex, the GPU (3070 TI) gets to around 70-80 degrees max, but it could get even hotter if I didn't set the max temp in GeForce Experience. 

I also do a lot of 3D work which is heavy on the GPU.

Should I replace the fans or add some more if i could? Can anyone identify the CPU cooler and is it good enough?

If you need some info from benchmarks I can try give you some.

IMG_20211120_164958.jpg

IMG_20211120_164941.jpg

IMG_20211120_164934.jpg

It looks like some kind of deepcool gammaxx which is a pretty high performance budget CPU cooler at around $40. This appears to be some kind of custom version but it still should work decent. Those Corsair fans should be pushing air pretty well also. I’d say that it seems fine and 80 is a fine temperature. If it ever starts getting above 90 then you might want to consider something else. The case airflow might be what’s making temps worse rather than the fans in this case (no pun intended). Hope this helps and good luck! 👍 

18 minutes ago, Caroline said:

if you can't replace the case you could ghetto it out and remove that front plastic, add 2 more fans and boom.

I probably wont be able to change the case, I don't know any services in my area that does that either. I'll try getting rid of the plastic though. I read somewhere in the reviews where they just took the glass panel off instead.

What fans would you recommend? I don't know what i currently have

Are you not satisfied with your current performance? Temps are fine. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

10 hours ago, Crizon64 said:

I probably wont be able to change the case, I don't know any services in my area that does that either. I'll try getting rid of the plastic though. I read somewhere in the reviews where they just took the glass panel off instead.

What fans would you recommend? I don't know what i currently have

hmm ya the case looks bad for air flow.

maybe try intake from the back and out the top and remove the pci clovers.

looks like an atx mb thow so i cant see why a new case wont work?

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

either add a new fan below the existing front fan or move the existing one down so its blowing at the GPU.

Maybe also remove the dust filter from the front if there is one. Also might be a good idea to remove the front panel

Edit

I just looked at the reviews on curry's and one guy did exactly what I said above, added a fan and removed front panel and temps went from 80s to 60s (allegedly)

If this was my PC I would add the second fan at the front and I would remove the front panel and either drill some ventilation holes or dremel some slots in the front panel to allow more air in. Not saying you should do that but I would do it and I'd do it really carefully and touch in the edges with an airbrush