What's the Best Fan Configuration for Lian Li O11 Dynamic

Seraph21

i just bought a Lian Li O11D case to replace my old Corsair Carbide 400C( my reason is that i want to move my 280mm AiO to the top so at the front/side(in this case for O11)/below i'll place fan that can feed direct air to my GPU because i feels like my GPU temp suffering because there's not really direct airflow at my old case because i can only mount the 280mm at the front, i planned to get Arctic P12 for my new case and probably buy Arctic P14 to do push-pull configuration for my 280mm AiO, but i dont know the optimal fan placement for it, i have a somewhat limited budget ( around $10-$15/fan ), suggestion for the fan is welcomed, and also for the fan hub, also i planned to fully populated all the fan slot ( mostly because it looks better than just empty, and the other reason is that the avg temp here around 30-31°C and i want to have as much cooling as possible so i can lowered the fan speed and noise), thanks for your answer and help 

image.png.9e5e5bdd0bf01b3f000218652eeb3b29.png
image.png.3515fc3d5d6bed880b73bce0925bf722.png

My Full PC Spec :

Intel i7-10700KF
Asus ROG STRIX Z490-F
G.Skill TridentZ Neo 2 x 8GB 3200MHz
Inno3d GTX 1080TI iChill Herculez( the same pcb as FE )
Corsair H110i 280mm AiO
Corsair RM650X 650W Fully Modular PSU
Corsair 400C Case
Samsung 970 EVO 250GB NVME
Adata SX8200 Pro 500GB NVME
WD Blue 2 TB 7200RPM
Toshiba 1 TB 2.5" 5400RPM

I would have the bottom fans as intake, side with your radiator mounted with air flow coming into the case in a pull-config. Top and rear to be exhaust. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

7 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

I would have the bottom fans as intake, side with your radiator mounted with air flow coming into the case in a pull-config. Top and rear to be exhaust. 

i dont think 280mm radiator can fit at the side, it can only support 240/360mm, and there's no rear mount for the LianLi O11D, i'll attach the pict of the case

3 minutes ago, Seraph21 said:

i dont think 280mm radiator can fit at the side, it can only support 240/360mm, and there's no rear mount for the LianLi O11D, i'll attach the pict of the case

This is the case in question, no? https://lian-li.com/product/pc-o11-dynamic/

Says you can fit up to 3x 360mm radiators, top/side/bottom. Ok, yeah no rear fan. Just ignore that mounting location. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

Most common case in existence right now and nearly everyone is bottom/side intake, top exhaust. 

It works quite well.

4 minutes ago, rickeo said:

Most common case in existence right now and nearly everyone is bottom/side intake, top exhaust. 

It works quite well.

so bottom intake, side intake and top exhaust, got it, should i do push-pull at the top for the 280mm radiator ?, i probably need to experiment about the fan speed to balance things if i'm gonna use 6 intake fans, thanks for the answer

2 minutes ago, Seraph21 said:

yeah that the case

Ok, yeah the case supports 140x 280mm radiators. 

3 minutes ago, Seraph21 said:

so bottom intake, side intake and top exhaust, got it, should i do push-pull at the top for the 280mm radiator ?, i probably need to experiment about the fan speed to balance things if i'm gonna use 6 intake fans, thanks for the answer

You can if you want, its largely unnecessary especially for AIO's.  

11 minutes ago, rickeo said:

You can if you want, its largely unnecessary especially for AIO's.  

yeah its kinda unnecessary, should i replaced the corsair AiO Stock fan with other fan ?, what's the best config, should i do push or pull ?

yeah its kinda unnecessary, should i replaced the corsair AiO Stock fan with other fan ?, what's the best config, should i do push or pull ?

If you are unhappy with the fans, sure. Push or pull on modern low density AIO radiators is largely unimportant as well. Up to you and what's going to make it easier to clean them.

8 minutes ago, rickeo said:

If you are unhappy with the fans, sure. Push or pull on modern low density AIO radiators is largely unimportant as well. Up to you and what's going to make it easier to clean them.

so push or pull doesnt really affect the performance of the AiO ?

1 hour ago, Seraph21 said:

i think it has 1 or 2 80mm mount in the back posably 1 92mm. fan mounts seem to differ from 011... if your wiling to mod the case you can fit 3x 80mm fans or  2x 92mm fans.

if not then the top must be for exhaust. 

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

9 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

i think it has 1 or 2 80mm mount in the back posably 1 92mm. fan mounts seem to differ from 011... if your wiling to mod the case you can fit 3x 80mm fans or  2x 92mm fans.

if not then the top must be for exhaust. 

i dont think i'm gonna mod my case for now, but maybe later, so yeah, thanks for the answer, so i might go with side intake, bottom intake, and top push/pull aio exhaust

i dont think i'm gonna mod my case for now, but maybe later, so yeah, thanks for the answer, so i might go with side intake, bottom intake, and top push/pull aio exhaust

Again, you can do Push/Pull for aesthetics to help fill in space at the top but its entirely unnecessary for AIO's. They're designed to run with what they come with in the box so the fin density is quite low. There is next to no benefit to doing so unless you're working with a custom loop and thick, denser radiators. 

8 minutes ago, rickeo said:

Again, you can do Push/Pull for aesthetics to help fill in space at the top but its entirely unnecessary for AIO's. They're designed to run with what they come with in the box so the fin density is quite low. There is next to no benefit to doing so unless you're working with a custom loop and thick, denser radiators. 

ah okay, i probably gonna stuck with push or pull first, then decide next, thank you very much for your answer and help 

from my experience using o11d, I found holes on the outer panel are actually size for 120 fans (some holes missing for 140 sized) 

at the rear u can actually use 80mm fan if u wanna intake for your top rad ✌️

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini

4 hours ago, fonzz1e said:

from my experience using o11d, I found holes on the outer panel are actually size for 120 fans (some holes missing for 140 sized) 

at the rear u can actually use 80mm fan if u wanna intake for your top rad ✌️

ah okay, i actually just moved my old system to the O11 last saturday, and even with 4 temporary intake fan(3 side, 1 bottom) , i still managed to get negative pressure inside my case, i checked the back and it still pulling air from it, the stock rad fan from corsair at 1500RPM still pushing so much air that i can actually hold a piece of tissue paper upside down at the exhaust like 1 feet high, but i noticed that after i moved my system to this case, the stock rad fan starts to vibrate like crazy, i dont know why, but i planned to replace the stock rad fan with Arctic BioniX P140 that i just ordered yesterday.. i also planned to populate all 3 bottom intake with the same Arctic fan to make the case positively pressurized.

also that 3 side fan kinda not really that good, i bought them in pack of 3 for $38, they required proprietary 6 pin with the fan hub included which is an additional hardware that i dont really want in my pc, so maybe in the future i might end up replacing it

and i also noticed with my AiO even with light load, the CPU temp jump all over the place and can reach 70° with 70-80% load  even tho the AiO fan run at 1500RPM which is loud and pushing a lot of air through the rad, i dont know if that's normal or not ( ambient temp around 28°)

here's the example : ( also is that Vcore is high ?, i just enable AI Overclock from the motherboard so yeah, it overclocked the CPU to 5100)

image.png.8b8576e6df00707cef1f1320b81ff315.png

and now i'm currently trying to solve the problem of my Display Port suddenly stop working while last night it working just fine..., there's so much problem i need to solve right now...

here's a pict of my current PC :

20211123_174127.thumb.jpg.0987957b60a5087b2e3a103aa6ea44e9.jpg

and here's the fan that i planned to use : bionix_p140-grey-white-g00-pst-icon.png:

6 hours ago, Seraph21 said:

ah okay, i actually just moved my old system to the O11 last saturday, and even with 4 temporary intake fan(3 side, 1 bottom) , i still managed to get negative pressure inside my case, i checked the back and it still pulling air from it, the stock rad fan from corsair at 1500RPM still pushing so much air that i can actually hold a piece of tissue paper upside down at the exhaust like 1 feet high, but i noticed that after i moved my system to this case, the stock rad fan starts to vibrate like crazy, i dont know why, but i planned to replace the stock rad fan with Arctic BioniX P140 that i just ordered yesterday.. i also planned to populate all 3 bottom intake with the same Arctic fan to make the case positively pressurized.

also that 3 side fan kinda not really that good, i bought them in pack of 3 for $38, they required proprietary 6 pin with the fan hub included which is an additional hardware that i dont really want in my pc, so maybe in the future i might end up replacing it

and i also noticed with my AiO even with light load, the CPU temp jump all over the place and can reach 70° with 70-80% load  even tho the AiO fan run at 1500RPM which is loud and pushing a lot of air through the rad, i dont know if that's normal or not ( ambient temp around 28°)

here's the example : ( also is that Vcore is high ?, i just enable AI Overclock from the motherboard so yeah, it overclocked the CPU to 5100)

image.png.8b8576e6df00707cef1f1320b81ff315.png

and now i'm currently trying to solve the problem of my Display Port suddenly stop working while last night it working just fine..., there's so much problem i need to solve right now...

here's a pict of my current PC :

20211123_174127.thumb.jpg.0987957b60a5087b2e3a103aa6ea44e9.jpg

and here's the fan that i planned to use : bionix_p140-grey-white-g00-pst-icon.png:

well i tried Waring you that the case alone cant solve all problems. we no that gpu going to be hot because they way it works. and i said that case has poor back fan witch is need to exhaust the gpu hot air. so the gpu hot air is going thou the cpu aio.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

15 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

well i tried Waring you that the case alone cant solve all problems. we no that gpu going to be hot because they way it works. and i said that case has poor back fan witch is need to exhaust the gpu hot air. so the gpu hot air is going thou the cpu aio.

actually i just figured it out yesterday, turns out that "AI Overclock" from asus motherboard put too much Vcore to the CPU and it had way too much heat for my AiO to handle, i think its fine now, but i still want to replace the stock rad fan because at high RPM it has very noticeable vibration pulse( like something imbalance about the fan blade ), its fine now.

here's the thread that i made for my cpu problem :