I just bought a 12900kf processor but im worries about the exclusion of integrated graphics

RyRyJS

Im upgrading from a 7700k so its a pretty big upgrade. I work a lot with unity and primere and I saw some places online that excluding integrated graphics is bad for encoding and other stuff. I found the 12900kf at msrp so it was an amazing find considering the limited stock. Will I notice any difference have the kf version. (btw I have a gtx 1080 for my gpu). Thanks in advance

What type of stuff are you working with? what footage in permiere?

The hardware encoder and decoder is pretty goo on those chips, and can decode some types of footage your 1080 can't, like h.265 10bit 422, so if you care about those formats, id get the version with the igpu.

11 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

What type of stuff are you working with? what footage in permiere?

The hardware encoder and decoder is pretty goo on those chips, and can decode some types of footage your 1080 can't, like h.265 10bit 422, so if you care about those formats, id get the version with the igpu.

I dont do too much priemere but just occasionally, and I can be patient. Theres no other use the iGpu would have besides encoding?

1 hour ago, RyRyJS said:

I dont do too much priemere but just occasionally, and I can be patient. Theres no other use the iGpu would have besides encoding?

they can be used as display outputs if your existing GPU doesn't have enough or the right type

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

6 hours ago, Mister Woof said:

they can be used as display outputs if your existing GPU doesn't have enough or the right type

but besides that... No real gain. Ok well I can wait a little longer in premiere and I only have 2 monitors so I dont think ill ever have any use for it

6 minutes ago, RyRyJS said:

but besides that... No real gain. Ok well I can wait a little longer in premiere and I only have 2 monitors so I dont think ill ever have any use for it

I have a KF chip and I don't miss it. I don't use Quicksync and I have a backup GPU, so I don't really need one. The KF chips are also more directly comparable to AMD Ryzen X chips since they don't have iGPUs either.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

Having the integrated graphics is only handy for if your GPU dies (unless you have a spare gpu around).  Thats the only time i have used mine.