1080ti mining temp and hashrate question

Go to solution Solved by tikker,
32 minutes ago, Bad5ector said:

You have a -500 underclock on your memory? Why?

Pascal has a hardware problem that affects ETH mining. This makes it scale with core clock quite a bit and also a memory underclock sometimes helps more than a memory overclock. I've had this as well.

OP: setting you power limit to 56% sure won't help hashrate. Doing other things that use the GPU also doesn't. What model card is this and what are you getting at stock settings? 35 Mh/s, up to 40 on good days for me is more or less where it's at though.

My 1080 Ti FE is doing ~31 at this moment with 80% PL, core +200 and memory +500.

question 1

My hashrate will not budge if I oc my card undervolt it nothing will change I’m hardstuck at 35mh I Had hoped to make more than 3 a day with this card but ig not. This is on NiceHash ethhash yes I’m using the pill. I’ve tried a memory oc and turned it all the way down no difference.

Question 2

Are my tempts good this is my personal computer and I hope to keep it for a while.  Just wanna make some cash on the side.

41916396-F370-4D97-A67B-8AA359D2893B.png

34022129-FDD2-4304-9518-1619890A18F0.png

C0157358-F091-4571-BF52-8632EECF1F4B.png

• temps are fine
  • Did you oc the mem or the core?

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Just now, HelpfulTechWizard said:
  • temps are fine
  • Did you oc the mem or the core?

I’ve tried all combos Ik memory is good for eth but it wouldn’t budge tried core it helped a bit but I don’t like high temps as it is my only card.

2 minutes ago, R3dbullDrinker said:

I’ve tried all combos Ik memory is good for eth but it wouldn’t budge tried core it helped a bit but I don’t like high temps as it is my only card.

anything under 70c is more than fine

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

anything under 70c is more than fine

The vrms aren’t actively cooled on the card as they are not connected to the heatsink

1 minute ago, R3dbullDrinker said:

The vrms aren’t actively cooled on the card as they are not connected to the heatsink

Is there a vrm temp senser?
can you get a couple thermal pads? Hopefully theres some metal above tehm to conect pads to

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

Is there a vrm temp senser?
can you get a couple thermal pads? Hopefully theres some metal above tehm to conect pads to

There is but let’s say the heatsink isn’t very generous.

3 minutes ago, Bad5ector said:

It’s cooler and an oc doesn’t change the hash

Memory OC is where you get a better hash rate. Though tbh, 35/40 mh/s sounds about right for a 1080ti. The accepted hashrate will fluctuate but the miner will most likely always report 35-40.

As I said previously, I find that simply limiting the wattage of the card to 185 watts and oc'ing the memory +750 should help keep heat in check and give you optimal hashing. Though I see you are using a different Nicehash miner, but I don't think there would be much difference in terms of what OC  should be applied to the card. But I guess I could be wrong.

Edit: and as stated before I get around 3 to 5 dollars a day (CAD), so 2.50 USD sounds about right.

17 minutes ago, Bad5ector said:

Memory OC is where you get a better hash rate. Though tbh, 35/40 mh/s sounds about right for a 1080ti. The accepted hashrate will fluctuate but the miner will most likely always report 35-40.

As I said previously, I find that simply limiting the wattage of the card to 185 watts and oc'ing the memory +750 should help keep heat in check and give you optimal hashing. Though I see you are using a different Nicehash miner, but I don't think there would be much difference in terms of what OC  should be applied to the card. But I guess I could be wrong.

Edit: and as stated before I get around 3 to 5 dollars a day (CAD), so 2.50 USD sounds about right.

750 to the memory? Doesn’t the pill max out at a certain memory clock? I just see people getting 40mhs constantly and I idk what I’m doing wrong I’ve tried 210w and +800 nothing it legit wont move

32 minutes ago, Bad5ector said:

Pascal has a hardware problem that affects ETH mining. This makes it scale with core clock quite a bit and also a memory underclock sometimes helps more than a memory overclock. I've had this as well.

OP: setting you power limit to 56% sure won't help hashrate. Doing other things that use the GPU also doesn't. What model card is this and what are you getting at stock settings? 35 Mh/s, up to 40 on good days for me is more or less where it's at though.

My 1080 Ti FE is doing ~31 at this moment with 80% PL, core +200 and memory +500.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

I have a zotac amp that’s deshrouded with some Arctic p12’s I also have some cold air intakes leading outside my window. It’s 35f outside

28 minutes ago, R3dbullDrinker said:

750 to the memory? Doesn’t the pill max out at a certain memory clock? I just see people getting 40mhs constantly and I idk what I’m doing wrong I’ve tried 210w and +800 nothing it legit wont move

I showed you screen shots of my config in the OC Tuner. 750 is achievable without any fuss. No PILL hack or whatever that is. I think the issue is you are using different software than I am. In the end however, I don't think you're goign to get much more out of that card.

12 minutes ago, Bad5ector said:

I showed you screen shots of my config in the OC Tuner. 750 is achievable without any fuss. No PILL hack or whatever that is. I think the issue is you are using different software than I am. In the end however, I don't think you're goign to get much more out of that card.

Rip alright thanks again.

10 hours ago, R3dbullDrinker said:

AYYYY GOOD NEWS IDK WHAT WAS DIFFERENT BUT I DID PLUS 900 on the mem 50mh stable thx man

Keep an eye on memory temperatures (they don't have a sensor) when pushing such high clocks. You should also double check that the effective hashrate and revenue match with the apparent hashrate. It might be doing 50 Mh/s worth of guesses, but if the ECC memory spends half that time correcting errors you're not getting your 50 Mh/s worth.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

5 hours ago, tikker said:

Keep an eye on memory temperatures (they don't have a sensor) when pushing such high clocks. You should also double check that the effective hashrate and revenue match with the apparent hashrate. It might be doing 50 Mh/s worth of guesses, but if the ECC memory spends half that time correcting errors you're not getting your 50 Mh/s worth.

still doing 50mhs strong

2 hours ago, R3dbullDrinker said:

still doing 50mhs strong

Well nice, but that's not what I was saying.

On 11/18/2021 at 12:24 PM, tikker said:

Well nice, but that's not what I was saying.

Temps seem ok too lol I used a temperature gun with the back plate removed by the vram and didn’t exceed 50c

7 minutes ago, R3dbullDrinker said:

Temps seem ok too lol I used a temperature gun with the back plate removed by the vram and didn’t exceed 50c

That's still not what I'm saying. I'm saying you should check if your revenue is that which you would expect from 50 Mh/s. If I tell you to guess a number below 1000 and you are doing 50 guesses per minute that are below 1000 all is fine. If half of the time you are giving me numbers that are larger than 1000 however, causing you to need to correct yourself, you are effectively only doing 25 numbers per minute. The guessing is the mining and the correcting is the ECC memory needing to correct errors. Pool hashrate should reflect this as well.

20 hours ago, tikker said:

That's still not what I'm saying. I'm saying you should check if your revenue is that which you would expect from 50 Mh/s. If I tell you to guess a number below 1000 and you are doing 50 guesses per minute that are below 1000 all is fine. If half of the time you are giving me numbers that are larger than 1000 however, causing you to need to correct yourself, you are effectively only doing 25 numbers per minute. The guessing is the mining and the correcting is the ECC memory needing to correct errors. Pool hashrate should reflect this as well.

oh it is Im getting a few errors but im averaging 3.4-4 dollars a day