New keyboard recommendations (AUS)

NJGGJN

I want to buy a new mechanical keyboard under $200 aud can anyone help to find me the best one? im looking at the hyper x alloy core origins and the ducky one 3 at the moment and wnted another perspective.

Leopold and Varmilo are also worth having a look imo. They're available through Mwave and PCCG (both stores stock a pretty wide range of mechanical keebs). I've personally got a Leopold FC660C (which is the topre version of the FC660M) and the quality of the plastics and keycaps (which are dye-sub PBT) are top notch. They don't have as much "gamery" features (ie. RGB shine through) so if that's a non-negotiable then they won't fit the bill but they do nail the basics well.

A Leopold board goes for around $159-$169 for a 65% or a TKL for example. Varmilo pickings are a bit slim at the moment, the only in-stock option fitting your budget is this one for $189.

Another option that's bandied around a bit are the keychron boards which seem to go for around $109 - $129 on Mwave. Here's an 65% aluminium base, wireless example, or a 75% wireless example. And a TKL with RGB shine through for $99.

I haven't used the ones you listed personally but I've seen good reviews of both so I don't think you'd go too wrong with either options too.

What type of switches do you want? I’m on a Razer blackwidow elite and that’s been great to me