Both FE 3080 & Gigabyte 3080:

Crashes upon opening the game.
  1. Attempted to Launch Battlefield V
  2. Attempted to Launch CyberPunk 2077
  3. Attempted to Launch Rise of the Tomb Raider, Crashed 3 times on startup
  4. Back 4 Blood Launched without issues
Crashed after playing for a while:

1. Cyberpunk 2077, 3 min: 
    Message: Gpu Crash for unknown reasons! Callstack here is probably irrelevant. Check if Breadcrumbs or Aftermath logged anything useful.
    File: e:\r6.release\dev\src\common\gpuapi\src\dx12\gpuapidx12error.cpp(41)
  2. Back 4 Blood, Crashed after 15 min no error
  3. Battle Field V, Crashed in the middle 
Basically, when using my PC and any of the graphics cards the games would crash 100% of the time with similar behaviors across the board. 

On my wife's PC:

When using the FE & When using the Gigabyte 3080:
  • No crashes, everything works flawlessly 
  • I let Cyberpunk 2077 run for about an hour and never crashed.

After all such attempts, I decided to run memtest86, getting the following error in the second RAM STICK! 

Slack_Image_2021-11-17_22-01-41.thumb.jpg.d0eb1daf66d815e23f91bd85c63b8503.jpg

As you can see it clearly shows that the RAM stick is failing to do its job properly, if you want more details about the test, you can find it here: https://www.memtest86.com/tech_individual-test-descr.html

As you can expect, after removing the stick nothing crashes and everything works properly! And when running just with this stick all the problems come back. Also tested with 2 Corsair Vengeance LPX that I had laying around, and to my surprise, they worked perfectly fine. I should have done that from the beginning but it never occurred to me that the issue would not rely on the GPU but a different component. 

Hey, 

Recently when turning on my PC I get the following image every time on startup. Notice that this only happens once Windows is loaded and never in any other occasion. I have been running this 3080 since July and whenever I try to run any game with DirectX12 enabled, it will crash after a few 10-30 minutes of gameplay. Every Single Time. I have tried reinstalling the graphics drivers multiple times without any actual solution, some of the latest drivers give me 5-10+ minutes of gameplay but crashing still continues. Also, when running some applications like Unity and Unreal Engine, other tabs and the taskbar sometimes become of different colors, as if the graphic drivers had not been installed and it were using the default Microsoft drivers for running video signals. 

Any ideas on what could be going on here? Also, I have already tried all different ports & connections of the Graphics card and Monitors, and the issue is replicable on every situation. Just posting this here in case anyone has seen something similar in the past and can provide any ideas. I will probably try reinstalling windows and see if that fixes the issue, but I am running out of options at this point. 

😢

(I will upload pictures of the taskbar and similar behaviors described above once I have the chance). Also this has been happening in Windows 10 & Windows 11. 

Also here are some of the device specs: 

- GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 3080 GAMING OC 10G
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
- MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING

- RAM: 64 GB Corsair Vengeance @3200MHz

Monitor Issues.jpg

1 hour ago, SCastanedaMunoz said:

Hey, 

Recently when turning on my PC I get the following image every time on startup. Notice that this only happens once Windows is loaded and never in any other occasion. I have been running this 3080 since July and whenever I try to run any game with DirectX12 enabled, it will crash after a few 10-30 minutes of gameplay. Every Single Time. I have tried reinstalling the graphics drivers multiple times without any actual solution, some of the latest drivers give me 5-10+ minutes of gameplay but crashing still continues. Also, when running some applications like Unity and Unreal Engine, other tabs and the taskbar sometimes become of different colors, as if the graphic drivers had not been installed and it were using the default Microsoft drivers for running video signals. 

Any ideas on what could be going on here? Also, I have already tried all different ports & connections of the Graphics card and Monitors, and the issue is replicable on every situation. Just posting this here in case anyone has seen something similar in the past and can provide any ideas. I will probably try reinstalling windows and see if that fixes the issue, but I am running out of options at this point. 

😢

(I will upload pictures of the taskbar and similar behaviors described above once I have the chance). Also this has been happening in Windows 10 & Windows 11. 

Also here are some of the device specs: 

- GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 3080 GAMING OC 10G
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
- MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING

- RAM: 64 GB Corsair Vengeance @3200MHz

Monitor Issues.jpg

Did you try DDU to completely clear out the drivers before reinstalling them?

Also maybe check the PCIe power cables are plugged in securely?  Are you using two plugs from one cable, or two completely different ones?  If the former, try using two different cables.

Also, what PSU are you using?

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

Another couple deriguer checks would be make sure heat levels are OK and make sure it’s not a memory issue.  May already have been done. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

6 hours ago, SCastanedaMunoz said:

Monitor Issues.jpg

Try a different gpu and different monitor cables. 

This looks like defective gpu, but it could also be something else, like cables.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

20 hours ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Did you try DDU to completely clear out the drivers before reinstalling them?

Also maybe check the PCIe power cables are plugged in securely?  Are you using two plugs from one cable, or two completely different ones?  If the former, try using two different cables.

Also, what PSU are you using?

Hey, yes this all has been tried and checked, everything seems to be secure and even after setting the graphics card back into the PC it still has the same issue.

PSU: CORSAIR SF750

Note that I have this exact same setup x2 meaning, power supply and everything is the same on both PCs. However, only when connecting the graphics card to this PC I experience such issues.

20 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Another couple deriguer checks would be make sure heat levels are OK and make sure it’s not a memory issue.  May already have been done. 

Hey, yes Heat Leves are actually quite normal and never exceeds 80C even during heavy loads. Initially with some games I used to for example get messages saying that DirectX12 libraries are missing or could not be found. (This with Cyberpunk 2077). Specifically the following: 

Message: Gpu Crash for unknown reasons! Callstack here is probably irrelevant. Check if Breadcrumbs or Aftermath logged anything useful.
File: e:\r6.patch0hotfix2\dev\src\common\gpuapi\src\dx12\gpuapidx12error.cpp

24 minutes ago, Mavendow said:

The fact it also does this on boot sounds like a Windows Update problem. I suggest WSUS Offline Update to verify and repair any damaged components.

Hey, yes, this is my main suspicion too, as the GPU problems only arise when booting into Windows and when running for a while, never in any other occasion. I will try this and see if it does anything 🙂 Thanks!

3 hours ago, Mavendow said:

The fact it also does this on boot sounds like a Windows Update problem. I suggest WSUS Offline Update to verify and repair any damaged components.

Looked for data on what the thing even is.  There are descriptions, but they’re all from the manufacturer.  There are also some .net suffixes.  Most referrals were ads.  The thing seems popular, but it can also be downloaded several places some of which may be hinky.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

13 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Looked for data on what the thing even is.  There are descriptions, but they’re all from the manufacturer.  There are also some .net suffixes.  Most referrals were ads.  The thing seems popular, but it can also be downloaded several places some of which may be hinky.  

The original WSUS Offline Update is no longer maintained. The one linked is a fork. The app contacts Microsoft's Update Servers and checks the local PC's update logfile against the one Microsoft wants for that particular configuration. Then it downloads and installs any missing or cryptographically non-conforming updates. It doesn't use the MSI installer like Windows Update so it bypasses a lot of the problems WU can run into with that service. Additionally, if the update logfile is corrupt, it'll reparse the installed updates and rebuild the logfile from scratch. The latter can take like six hours but it did successfully repair a badly damaged WU component on a client computer.

Obviously, don't download it from random websites, but the same can be said for any software.

Hey for anyone interested on this topic, here is what I found out:

Here are my testing with each of the 3080 I had:

On my PC: 

Both FE 3080 & Gigabyte 3080:

Crashes upon opening the game.
  1. Attempted to Launch Battlefield V
  2. Attempted to Launch CyberPunk 2077
  3. Attempted to Launch Rise of the Tomb Raider, Crashed 3 times on startup
  4. Back 4 Blood Launched without issues
Crashed after playing for a while:

1. Cyberpunk 2077, 3 min: 
    File: e:\r6.release\dev\src\common\gpuapi\src\dx12\gpuapidx12error.cpp(41)
  2. Back 4 Blood, Crashed after 15 min no error
  3. Battle Field V, Crashed in the middle 
Basically, when using my PC and any of the graphics cards the games would crash 100% of the time with similar behaviors across the board. 

On my wife's PC:

When using the FE & When using the Gigabyte 3080:
  • No crashes, everything works flawlessly 
  • I let Cyberpunk 2077 run for about an hour and never crashed.

After all such attempts, I decided to run memtest86, getting the following error in the second RAM STICK! 

Slack_Image_2021-11-17_22-01-41.thumb.jpg.d0eb1daf66d815e23f91bd85c63b8503.jpg

As you can see it clearly shows that the RAM stick is failing to do its job properly, if you want more details about the test, you can find it here: https://www.memtest86.com/tech_individual-test-descr.html

As you can expect, after removing the stick nothing crashes and everything works properly! And when running just with this stick all the problems come back. Also tested with 2 Corsair Vengeance LPX that I had laying around, and to my surprise, they worked perfectly fine. I should have done that from the beginning but it never occurred to me that the issue would not rely on the GPU but a different component.