So is the Ryzen 5 1600 compatible with Windows 11?

Go to solution Solved by da na,

Welcome to the forums!

Firstly, it should work absolutely fine - 1st gen Ryzen is technically not officially supported but should work. I've installed it on Core 2 Quad PCs.

Second, your motherboard probably has integrated TPM, most things made in the last half decade or so do. Check around your BIOS for something called AMD TPM or fTPM or something like that.

Hi

I saw many lists of the compatible CPUs with Windows 11 and my Ryzen 5 1600 is not there. BUT. When I run the pc health check it says that it's supported. Which one is the real, or the pc.h.c means power wise is good?

The other thing is that I don't have TPM 2.0 . If I install an external than I am ready?

Thank you for the help to understand this.

Welcome to the forums!

Firstly, it should work absolutely fine - 1st gen Ryzen is technically not officially supported but should work. I've installed it on Core 2 Quad PCs.

Second, your motherboard probably has integrated TPM, most things made in the last half decade or so do. Check around your BIOS for something called AMD TPM or fTPM or something like that.

No. M$ made Win-11 specifically for Intel Alder Lake CPU's. With TPM-2.0. Any other CPU it runs on is pure coincidence :old-eyeroll:

Given various reports on the web, if you're happy enough with your current Win-OS version, there's no need to "upgrade" (if you can call it an upgrade :old-eyeroll: ) to Win-11

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

1 hour ago, Mel0nMan said:

Welcome to the forums!

Thanks everyone for the help. I tried before to enable TPM 2.0 but didn't have the option. After a little more digging turns out that Gigabyte boards had a thing. I just needed a bios update and voila 🤦‍♂️ I'm not rushing to this os, but good to know that I have the option, no upgrade needed.