24v RGB Led Strip To JRGB Connector?

Deuxez

So i found a huge roll of un-used RGB Strips with no connector or controller, and i thought i might be able to somehow use it.

First thing i thought of is using it in my PC, but i aint sure that my 12v JRGB connector on my motherboard could drive the RGB strips since it needs 24v? Both the JRGB connector and RGB strip got 4 contact-pads, one for power, then R G B. So if i wire it correctly, would i be able to plug it into the JRGB connector and still change color through software?

I mean everything should be good unless the strip REALLY needs 24v, which i doubt it will.

Just splice the ground and power wire and hook it up to a boost converter, 24v does sound odd so not sure if software will even be able to control it

Also most stuff nowadays dont come with ketchup and mustard cables so yea finding the ground and power is gonna be a pain in the ass, not to mention hooking a boost converter will make it look horrible unless you have long enough cables so you can tuck the converter behind the mb

If you really want rgb strips then just get those cheap chinese ones, so you dont have to f around with boost converters, wiring, and soldering

There is a good chance it will need the 24V.  at half the voltage at best you will get a dull glow.  Can you get a 24V power supply of ebay or something to drive it?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

13 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Just splice the ground and power wire and hook it up to a boost converter, 24v does sound odd so not sure if software will even be able to control it

Also most stuff nowadays dont come with ketchup and mustard cables so yea finding the ground and power is gonna be a pain in the ass, not to mention hooking a boost converter will make it look horrible unless you have long enough cables so you can tuck the converter behind the mb

Aight seems to just be easier to get new RGB strips.

If you really want rgb strips then just get those cheap chinese ones, so you dont have to f around with boost converters, wiring, and soldering

Well i actually got like 5 of those NZXT RGB Hue+ (incl extentions) strips laying around, but since they are NZXT i need their fan/rgb hub which is like 30-40$ here in sweden, so i thought i might find some bootleg solution instead of wasting money on a rgb hub instead of saving up for a new GPU.

39 minutes ago, DankDeuxez said:

so i thought i might find some bootleg solution instead of wasting money on a rgb hub instead of saving up for a new GPU.

I see you are a man of culture

Spoiler

1831149027_download(8).jpeg.2faace83a85e7ee06296e749aa1ecb6e.jpeg