msi afterburner core voltage

J3RX LMNtrix

So i went ahead just now and took the steps to get the core voltage slider unlocked in which it has i can now move the core voltage slider and move it up and down 0-100. But when i click to apply the settings change the little check mark it automatically puts core voltage back down to 0 from 100! please help anyone

Tbh i would just voltmod if i were you so you dont have to be limited to a 100mv (i assume) voltage increase, or maybe elmor evc2 would allow volt to be raised + disable ocp

Btw what gpu do you have and what cooling do you have on it?

5 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Tbh i would just voltmod if i were you so you dont have to be limited to a 100mv (i assume) voltage increase, or maybe elmor evc2 would allow volt to be raised + disable ocp

Btw what gpu do you have and what cooling do you have on it?

GTX 1660Ti Mobile, what is OCP how to disable? also what are both voltmod and elmor?

1 minute ago, J3RX LMNtrix said:

GTX 1660Ti Mobile, what is OCP how to disable? also what are both voltmod and elmor?

Then ignore trying to do a voltmod, possible but prob gonna be a massive pain is the ass, elmor evc prob not gonna work cause mobile gpus dont have spi headers

Well idk so youll have to wait for someone else to respond

heres just to show whats going on for anyone who knows whats going on and can help me! took the necessary steps to get core voltage unlocked and adjustable it just will not let me change it out of 0 any number from 1 to 100 it just keeps resetting back to 0 when i click save/ok

Untitled.png

Untitled.png2.png

2 minutes ago, J3RX LMNtrix said:

.....what was OCP? or voltmod or even elmor?

Overcurrent protection, extremely annoying when heavy or extreme overclocking

Voltmod is basically just modifying your component to run higher voltages

Elmor just makes ocing gear such as evc2 to aid in ocing by monitoring and setting voltages, disabling stupid protections like overcurrent protection (OCP), etc.

25 minutes ago, J3RX LMNtrix said:

what is OCP how to disable?

Overcurrent protection is where one or more electrical circuits prevents more power being supplied to any circuits. Most likely, you won't be able to remove this and the power draw on a mobile graphics card is going to be limited due to cooling performance and size. Have you tried downloading GPU-Z, open it up and navigate towards the Sensors tab and see if you have a reason for limiting performance, should be PerfCap reason. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34"