Need A New Motherboard

I am going to be rather blunt here.

On my ASUS ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Hero a USB port died.

I sent it into ASUS for repairs, and now they are claiming physical damage (that no one says they did), a voided warranty, and well repairs that cost more than a new board.

I think we can all imagine my feelings on this.

I am looking for a board by a competitor that has the same specs.

Please post here, since unless ASUS honors the warranty then they can keep the board!

Msi b550 tomahawk. Great board doesn't cost a lot and handles any am4 cpu like a champ. Also get that board back and sell it on if it's just a usb port nothing is wrong with it really.

First: do you really need all those USB ports? If one port is dead, that still leaves like 12 different ports, and if you really do it would be cheaper to just buy a USB expansion and use that rather than buying a whole new motherboard.

As for other boards that have similar features, there aren't many options. MSI has their Godlike series, Gigabyte has their Aorus Master, and ASRock has their Taichi series and lesser extent the Aqua boards (but good luck getting one). I'm personally on the ASRock X570 Taichi and love it, rock solid every feature I want and more, but I'm also weird and thing ASRock has the most intuitive BIOS out of all the major manufacturers, and there's only 8 USB ports on the back, so a downgrade for you even if you use the board with the dead USB port. There's also EVGA's X570 Dark, but that's more expensive than some used cars. 

ASUS is notorious for having a garbage-tier, but you already own the board and unless there's something else wrong other than the USB port, you're better off keeping it and not using that USB port. I highly doubt it would cost $300+ to get a USB port fixed, so if that's what they're quoting you, maybe look at other repair places to see if they'd do it for a somewhat reasonable price. If the price is less than that, let us know what you actually want to spend, since there isn't a board with the exact same specs and we don't know what is important to you feature wise. You can probably get by just fine with the B550 Tomahawk as said above, and if you do need something else, we'd be happy to help. 

I had a DOA on a ASUS ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Hero and they were on back order so I got an Aorus Master and like all my Aorus boards it just works.

I am sort of done with ASUS since half the boards I buy are either DOA or have major issues.

All the resent ones are Heros so not cheap.

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

Is this a repost? 

I swear last time, not long ago, read the exact same thing.... but that thread had a picture involved....

Pics or it didn't happen. 😛 

Going to clear things up.

One of my USB Ports died in the back of the board.

They then damaged the pins for the 3.0 ports up front.

I am forced to wonder what other damage they've done to it.

11 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

ASUS is notorious for having a garbage-tier, but you already own the board and unless there's something else wrong other than the USB port, you're better off keeping it and not using that USB port. I highly doubt it would cost $300+ to get a USB port fixed, so if that's what they're quoting you, maybe look at other repair places to see if they'd do it for a somewhat reasonable price. If the price is less than that, let us know what you actually want to spend, since there isn't a board with the exact same specs and we don't know what is important to you feature wise. You can probably get by just fine with the B550 Tomahawk as said above, and if you do need something else, we'd be happy to help. 

They want over $800 to repair the board, with S&H (I paid $80) I am looking at $900.

A new board same built costs $450, maybe $500 with taxes.

I don't want the board back since if they broke one part of it who knows what else they broke in it.