Vertical bracked + arctic xtreme iv

Go to solution Solved by CableMod,

@JonaHUN the CableMod vertical PCI-E bracket (PCI-E 4.0 version available) will support a 4 slot cooler, the IO plate at the rear of the card is a 2 slot (2 slot IO photo attached), correct? If so you'd be all good to go. 馃檪

https://store.cablemod.com/product-category/accessories/vertical-pci-e-brackets/

2_slot_vs_3_slot.webp

Hello,

Short story:

I have a Phanteks p360a, 1080ti with arctic xtreme IV (3 slot down 1 slot up),聽ASUS PRIME X570-P.

The gpu dos not fit the top pci slot and the motherboard manufacturer forgot to disclose on their page that their bottom PCI 4.0 16x slot is wired only as 4x. So my gpu runs at pci 3.0 4x, hence a bottleneck.聽

The stock 1080ti cooler was an msi armor (only fit聽for a 1070 standard in a freezer and one of the fan died on top of it) so I would like to keep the xtreme IV. My solution would be a vertical bracket.

Does anybody know any vertical bracket that could fit this weird sized gpu? (1 slot back 3 slot front)

Thanks for the help in advance.

2 hours ago, JonaHUN said:

Hello,

Short story:

I have a Phanteks p360a, 1080ti with arctic xtreme IV (3 slot down 1 slot up),聽ASUS PRIME X570-P.

The gpu dos not fit the top pci slot and the motherboard manufacturer forgot to disclose on their page that their bottom PCI 4.0 16x slot is wired only as 4x. So my gpu runs at pci 3.0 4x, hence a bottleneck.聽

The stock 1080ti cooler was an msi armor (only fit聽for a 1070 standard in a freezer and one of the fan died on top of it) so I would like to keep the xtreme IV. My solution would be a vertical bracket.

Does anybody know any vertical bracket that could fit this weird sized gpu? (1 slot back 3 slot front)

Thanks for the help in advance.

how many slots is the gpu? ammazon will have brakets

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

3 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

how many slots is the gpu? ammazon will have brakets

I wrote it down twice. 4 slot. 3 down 1 up. I know I can buy brackets, but I do not know any of them can support a gpu with pci slot above the gpu. Most of them are rated for 2 slot,聽 if at all stated.

1 hour ago, tkitch said:

the phanteks kit should fit fine:

https://www.phanteksusa.com/collections/brackets/products/phanteks-vertical-gpu-kit

there is at least 2 slots of space past the top of the slots in the 360.

Thanks I was looking at that but I was hesitant聽because the box stated fit for a 2 slot gpu. My gpu is 4 slot 1 above the pcb and 3 under with the fans.

6 hours ago, JonaHUN said:

I wrote it down twice. 4 slot. 3 down 1 up. I know I can buy brackets, but I do not know any of them can support a gpu with pci slot above the gpu. Most of them are rated for 2 slot,聽 if at all stated.

oh they way you worded it was weird.聽 so 4 slot gpu then.

if your case can even fit a vertical gpu on the side i dont think ive seen the pci mount ones with 4 slots. i no of a diy mount that has 4 slots i think i have it as im going to mount it in my antec lanboy case.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

@JonaHUN the CableMod vertical PCI-E bracket (PCI-E 4.0 version available) will support a 4 slot cooler, the IO plate at the rear of the card is a 2 slot (2 slot IO photo attached), correct? If so you'd be all good to go. 馃檪

https://store.cablemod.com/product-category/accessories/vertical-pci-e-brackets/

2_slot_vs_3_slot.webp

14 hours ago, CableMod said:

2_slot_vs_3_slot.webp 23.44 kB 路 4 downloads

Thanks for the fast reply and solution. Yes you are correct. The io is only 2 slot. I'll give it a try when I have the聽dough.聽I managed to聽jerry rig it by removing the top heatsink from the xtreme iv, and using screw spacers instead. Not ideal but workable.

5 hours ago, JonaHUN said:

Thanks for the fast reply and solution. Yes you are correct. The io is only 2 slot. I'll give it a try when I have the聽dough.聽I managed to聽jerry rig it by removing the top heatsink from the xtreme iv, and using screw spacers instead. Not ideal but workable.

Very welcome of course - and sounds like a plan! 馃檪

On 10/31/2021 at 8:20 PM, JonaHUN said:

the motherboard manufacturer forgot to disclose on their page that their bottom PCI 4.0 16x slot is wired only as 4x.

They didn't forget.聽

IMG_20211102_114607.jpg