Recommended thermal pads for Gigabyte GTX 1060 G1 Gaming 6G

Filingo

I just replaced my thermal pads on the GPU but it was too thick. Now I ran out of pads.

I had Thermalright Odyssey (1mm) and I'm not sure they're the best.. despite the high supposedly rating (12.8 W/mK), or that I got fake pads from AliExpress.

So I am looking for 0.5mm and 2mm pads (The card has both these thickness from what I measured)

This is the card:

https://www.gigabyte.com/il/Graphics-Card/GV-N1060G1-GAMING-6GD-rev-10#kf

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone cares: I ordered the Gelid GP-Extremes

So, if anyone ever needs the right pads thickness for the Gigabyte GTX 1060 G1 Gaming 6G, I can tell it was exactly what I ordered, because the temps are great.

You need 0.5mm and 2mm pads.

I found a post in another forum where someone asked about the thicknesses and no one answered him, he posted this photo, so now I added the thicknesses on top of it: (Not my photo, but the same card)

1060_gaming_g1_6g.jpg

I've been running Furmark for 5 minutes now and the temp is 69.3C! Hotspot is 76.4C

Fan speed 1464RPM (51%),

So these pads are really good as well

I used Arctic MX-4 as the paste and spreaded it with the spatula

• 9 months later...

Appreciated. But is there any thermal between PCB & backplate? If yes, then can you please confirm. I've recently disassembled the GPU and replaced the thermal paste and found I also need to replace pads but I was in hurry and didn't check if there are any pads between backplate and PCB. TIA 

IMG_20220828_115711_555.jpg

IMG_20220828_115630_183.jpg

IMG_20220828_120823_390.jpg

7 hours ago, xamy said:

Appreciated. But is there any thermal between PCB & backplate? If yes, then can you please confirm. I've recently disassembled the GPU and replaced the thermal paste and found I also need to replace pads but I was in hurry and didn't check if there are any pads between backplate and PCB. TIA 

My card did not have any paste or pads between the PCB and backplate. You can check it yourself to verify, if I remember, it was quite easy to do, only a few screws

• 5 months later...

yes there are pads 2.0 mm on backplate. it has 2 cutouts for pads 2 mm. Also the authur needed to know that the mosfets are 2mm and next to that is 1mm, not .05mm

There are some markings on the back plate but mine did not have pads. Did you have pads?

Could be either that the previous owner also opened the 1060 I have and removed them without re applying new pads or that these markings are just generic markings but there were never pads there

So someone who has/had GTX 1060 G1 Gaming and opened the card can verify