Is anyone sick of all this plastic stuff?

I dont know about you guys but almost every electronic i own is plastic. I am getting kinda sick of it. i want something that is sturdy. my graphics cards have plastic cooler. my phone is all plastic, my tv is plastic (on second thought maybe thats a good thing :p) my laptop is plastic, my pc case is mostly plastic. i know they make better things made out of metal out there but i for some reason always end up getting plastic.

I could have gotten the htc one

i could have gotten a metal laptop

metal graphics card coolers

800d or 900d case

i know plastic is cheaper but they DO make metal equivalents that arent to much more expensive or they are the same price as the plastic versions.

I'm am hearby going to try and start getting better build quality items. because i am SICK of all this plastic. does anyone agree with me? sorry for my rant but i just want to know if anyone else is getting tired of it. 

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

For my case, i dont like it being plastic, really considering the 900D for watercooling, could have gotten the switch 810 but too plastic-y, however for my phone i dont care since i put a case on it ( galaxy s3) 

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

i wont mind them switching up to carbon fibre or even fibre glass... plastic is getting boring and very ugly though

Character artist in the Games industry.

Yes sadly im really disappointed with my 600t purchase colors dont even match :( metal side panels while the rest is plastic. Not happy with it... Maybe in the next few months I will go 900d...

PC Specs: CPU: Intel i7 4770K / CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120Gig and Seagate Barracuda 1Tb / Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming-7 / GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX / Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 850watt / Case: Corsair 750D 680 Coaster

i wont mind them switching up to carbon fibre or even fibre glass... plastic is getting boring and very ugly though

omg a carbon fiber phone would look so sick

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

Are any of them broken?

I don't really get the "build quality" argument.  Just because it's plastic doesn't mean it has shoddy construction.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

you can just carbon fiber wrap the phone too.

Are any of them broken?

I don't really get the "build quality" argument.  Just because it's plastic doesn't mean it has shoddy construction.

no but the plastic breaks rather easily compared to something like metal

you can just carbon fiber wrap the phone too.

ya but it is to expensive and i dont want to pay $300 after i already payed $200 for my phone just to make it look good also it doesnt have the strength that just carbon fiber has so its kinda redundent i want the carbon fiber for looks and strength

I'm not a huge fan of plastic either, I just really don't see your problem though, simply just don't buy plastic stuff?...
The entry post of this thread basically just says something along the lines of:
"I regret buying a lot of the stuff I own"

I get your frustration though, but don't underestimate plastic though, it's actually very very durable, from what I've heard it should be better at absorbing impact; as an example: "When you drop your phone" becase it is a softer material it can bend and deform more without breaking.

The iPhone is made mainly from metal and glass which are both very hard meterials so they can't bend as much without cracking, hence why almost everyone with an iPhone 4S or older has a cracked screen.

wont be too expensive seeing as how cheap it is to produce it now

Are any of them broken?

Doesn't mean its broke it just means were sick of the cheap feel of it.

PC Specs: CPU: Intel i7 4770K / CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120Gig and Seagate Barracuda 1Tb / Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming-7 / GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX / Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 850watt / Case: Corsair 750D 680 Coaster

wont be too expensive seeing as how cheap it is to produce it now

ya it would be cool.

would love a complete Carbon fibre case

My Razer peripherals are made of plastic and I love them... I think the problem is enhanced on Cases and PC components rather than peripherals

Rig (laptop): MOUNTAIN GTM 17ivy, 17,3'' 1920x1080, i7-3630QM 2,4/3,4 Ghz 4c/8t 6Mb, 16GB RAM, RAID 0 120GB, NVidia GTX675 2GB.

Peripherals: Shitty Laptop cooler, Razer Naga (2010 Edition) and Razer Megalodon.

well carbon fibre frame 

well carbon fibre frame 

ya that would be cool. 

ya but it is to expensive and i dont want to pay $300 after i already payed $200 for my phone just to make it look good also it doesnt have the strength that just carbon fiber has so its kinda redundent i want the carbon fiber for looks and strength

you carbon fiber wrap this for quiet cheep.

While i was jogging, i accidentially threw my N8 away, it landed on asphalt and sled (slid? not sure what's the right grammar in that case =/) about 10-15 meters.

The Nokia N8 is completely made of aluminium and since i had a Lumia 820 and 920 for a review a few days, i would say, neither the 820 nor the 920 would have surived that.

But i have to admit, if it's made of very sturdy/thick plastic i don't mind it that much

Btw. the Motorolla Razr Droid has a Kevlar back. A friend of mine has it and it looks nearly as dented and scratched as my Nokia N8^^

Good news everyone...!

I don't mind plastic personally, depending on how its implemented.  There's different kinds of plastic, there's grocery bag plastic and there's LEGO plastic and beyond.  The military uses plastic.  Plastic is a great material (better than metal I think) provided manufacturers use the right kind of plastic.  My 5 year old ThinkPad T61 has all plastic casing over a magnesium frame and looks exactly the same (and I mean exactly the same) as it did when it was purchased, meanwhile most solid aluminum unibody MacBook Pros I've seen after a year or two have scuffs and grinding all along the edges of the body, and heavy usage has etched dark spots into the palm rests, they look dirty and scraped up after a year or two.

Provided manufacturers do it right plastic is a great construction material.

Carbon fiber as used for casing materials is plastic by the way :) (CFRP - Carbon Fiber Reinforced  Plastic)

Bought the HTC Desire HD over the Samsung Galaxy S2 exactly for this reason. The S2 didn't feel anywhere as expensive and nice as it was, and that is a big turnoff in itself for me, although it doesn't mean it will break. Plastic is not negative though, there's many different qualities of plastic. Even the most solid of PC peripherals have always been made mostly from plastic (like the Model M). :)

I don't mind plastic personally, depending on how its implemented.  There's different kinds of plastic, there's grocery bag plastic and there's LEGO plastic and beyond.  The military uses plastic.  Plastic is a great material (better than metal I think) provided manufacturers use the right kind of plastic.  My 5 year old ThinkPad T61 has all plastic casing over a magnesium frame and looks exactly the same (and I mean exactly the same) as it did when it was purchased, meanwhile most solid aluminum unibody MacBook Pros I've seen after a year or two have scuffs and grinding all along the edges of the body, and heavy usage has etched dark spots into the palm rests, they look dirty and scraped up after a year or two.

Provided manufacturers do it right plastic is a great construction material.

Carbon fiber as used for casing materials is plastic by the way :) (CFRP - Carbon Fiber Reinforced  Plastic)

some plastic is fine but i dont want flimsy plastic like everything is now

my favorite time periiod is pre 1959 in that time just about everything exept for babies were made out of metal i like metal. my corsaie k90 keyboard has a metal plater through it and my m90 mouse has a metal plate and thats about it exept for my car

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

An all Carbon Fibre case would probably cost between $1000-$1500 to manufacture. Would be the most insane case ever though!