Far Cry 6 Black Screen

Go to solution Solved by mojin7,

It's working. Open Ubisoft Connect or Uplay. Have it verify the game files. Let the download complete. Start the game and it will apply the patch. Works perfect again.

Hi all, it's been awhile since I posed here!

I downloaded Far Cry 6 a few weeks ago, when it came out, and it's been an amazing game. However, I just installed the first update, and now when I launch the game, the screen just stays black. I have MSI afterburner open, so I can see all the current specs of the computer, and it's running fine. I can alt-tab out of it, and google chrome and other applications are working fine. I also tried restarting the computer, and I also updated the drivers. Nothing seems to help. I also looked at the Ubisoft help page, nothing there either.

Specs of PC:

Ryzen 5 3600

Asus LC240

Asus ROG B550-A

16GB Crucial Balistix (3200)

256GB M.2 NVMe SSD

2TB HDD

RTX 3060 Ti FE

Seasonic 650 SGX

Lian Li O11D Mini

Any help is appreciated!

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” - Sun Tzu, The Art of War #muricaparrotgang

Tier Lists and Specs List Below

Motherboard VRM tier list  -----  PSU tier list

React if you agree with me!

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600  |  CPU Cooler: Asus ROG STRIX LC240 White |  RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16GB 3600 | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A  |  SSD: Inland m.2 NVMe SSD 256GB  |  HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200RPM |  GPU: RTX 3060 Ti FE  |  PSU: Seasonic SGX 650 |  Case: Lian Li o11 mini-W  |  Mouse: Razer Basilisk mercury |  Keyboard: Drop CTRL (Used. I did not spend $200 on a keyboard) |  Mouse Pad: Aura Mech Purple Storm  |  MonitorAsus TUF 24" IPS 144Hz 1080p

Same exact issue... 100% up to date windows and drivers. When I tried to play it auto updated the game and now I get the black screen. I tried running as administrator etc. No luck. Please reply if you find a fix.

Strix x570

5800x

Corsair 3600 32gb

RTX3090

I just verified my install with Ubisoft Connect and it said it found "a number of corrupted files."  Will report back...

It's now downloading a large amount of data after reporting that it was validated.

It's working. Open Ubisoft Connect or Uplay. Have it verify the game files. Let the download complete. Start the game and it will apply the patch. Works perfect again.

2 hours ago, mojin7 said:

I just verified my install with Ubisoft Connect and it said it found "a number of corrupted files."  Will report back...

It's now downloading a large amount of data after reporting that it was validated.

It worked!

Thank you!

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” - Sun Tzu, The Art of War #muricaparrotgang

Tier Lists and Specs List Below

Motherboard VRM tier list  -----  PSU tier list

React if you agree with me!

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600  |  CPU Cooler: Asus ROG STRIX LC240 White |  RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16GB 3600 | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A  |  SSD: Inland m.2 NVMe SSD 256GB  |  HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200RPM |  GPU: RTX 3060 Ti FE  |  PSU: Seasonic SGX 650 |  Case: Lian Li o11 mini-W  |  Mouse: Razer Basilisk mercury |  Keyboard: Drop CTRL (Used. I did not spend $200 on a keyboard) |  Mouse Pad: Aura Mech Purple Storm  |  MonitorAsus TUF 24" IPS 144Hz 1080p

4 hours ago, mojin7 said:

I literally just created an account to say thank you! I was spending 2h figuring out wtf was going on then I saw this and same thing, a bunch of corrupted files after the update. Thanks again my man