G PRO Bottlenecking Double-Click Speed

Go to solution Solved by TheChromaBristlenose,

The GPW and G403 used to share the same debounce time, but Logitech increased the former's to 94ms (up from 44ms) during the HERO 25K firmware update to address the plague of double-clicking issues. Theoretically 47ms is the minimum possible time between clicks, but the Codepen site measures time between mouse-downs, so the minimum click duration (also 47ms) has to be taken into account with the final number.

Long story short, yes, there's a real and measurable difference between the two when it comes to debouncing. Unfortunately there's also no way to rectify it, since Logitech does not provide any way of downgrading firmware on their products.

I just tested a G PRO (2021- wireless) against my G403 (2018 wired) and don't think I'm full of it lol. This was not pertaining to the sensor though, but rather double-click speeds. I have one question for everyone:

Has anyone been able to do 10 double clicks in a burst with a G PRO mouse faster than .2 seconds per double click? I upgraded from a Wired G403 and can no longer double click at my .040 speed. It is worth noting the technique I use to double click involves my finger falling like a guillotine on the left click button for the first click; then squeezing normally after it lands, for the second click. If done right, you can achieve insane double-click speeds with this method. Unfortunately, the G Pro's double-click speed bottlenecks my performance. The first 1 or 2 double clicks seem to work fine at about .040 seconds, but the rest in my 10-click burst appear to be capped at .200 seconds. I'm a little bummed because this would have been the perfect mouse for me, but since I need to double click a lot in my games, this weird bottleneck is a deal-breaker for me. Its almost as if it is sending my clicks in a batch, and get s bogged down. Does anyone have the same problem or a solution? I am using this site to test my double-click speed: https://codepen.io/blink172/pen/vERyxK. I hope this helps 🙂

G 403 Double Click Results.JPG

G Pro Double Click Results.JPG

Edited by Erik I
Added Pictures

I could be wrong but I think I heard some people talking about how the debouncing on that mouse was causing problems for some people. So it might be a problem that you cannot fix, but you will have to check the logitech about this since this is very specific and a niche thing .

2 minutes ago, TheBean said:

I could be wrong but I think I heard some people talking about how the debouncing on that mouse was causing problems for some people. So it might be a problem that you cannot fix, but you will have to check the logitech about this since this is very specific and a niche thing .

I just got off the phone with customer support, and they did not mention that feature. However we did test drivers, restarting, etc. and the problem persists. I also just added pictures right after you commented* feel free to refresh and check them out. Thanks for the insight!

Now maybe i'm not a "pro-gamer" but why on earth do you need it to register double clicks so fast?

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

23 minutes ago, Arika S said:

Now maybe i'm not a "pro-gamer" but why on earth do you need it to register double clicks so fast?

I'm glad you asked 🙂 the answer is simple:
1) I play an MMO and have a lot of bags to open.

2) Quality-of-life improvement when I want to open a file (or literally double click on anything). It feels like a single click and reduces muscle strain. I suggest trying this technique if you haven't already. It feels really slick when mastered!

31 minutes ago, TheBean said:

https://youtu.be/bbFAPxzXExo?t=553

Timestamp embedded in this link

Interesting. . . that is pretty much the opposite problem. Perhaps they added a cap to the click speed as a band-aid for the "double clicking while holding" problem? Maybe this is an over correction (or incorrect method of fixing) the problem specified in that video? Hmmmmm....

The GPW and G403 used to share the same debounce time, but Logitech increased the former's to 94ms (up from 44ms) during the HERO 25K firmware update to address the plague of double-clicking issues. Theoretically 47ms is the minimum possible time between clicks, but the Codepen site measures time between mouse-downs, so the minimum click duration (also 47ms) has to be taken into account with the final number.

Long story short, yes, there's a real and measurable difference between the two when it comes to debouncing. Unfortunately there's also no way to rectify it, since Logitech does not provide any way of downgrading firmware on their products.

11 hours ago, TheChromaBristlenose said:

Thanks Chroma! This reinforces the info in the video Bean Shared. In hindsight, I should have marked the issue as "solved" after his link was shared. . . oops.... rookie mistake.