Samsung Odyssey G7 32" - Random black block flicker

St3baS

Hi LTT community,

I brand new here and I have just built my new PC (specs below). With this PC I bought myself a Samsung Odyssey G7 32" as basically every review was saying that it was the one of best of the best but I am having a VERY irritating issue that I cannot seem to fix. 

During random browsing or coding I get this strange black flicker for about a single frame and I have no idea what the problem is or if I should be sending the screen back for replacement. I definitely cannot justify the price I paid for the screen for an issue like this to exist. The problem is not consistent at all and at first I actually thought it was being caused by Wallpaper Engine. 

I'm using the provided DP cable, I have the latest NVidia drivers, I've updated the firmware on the monitor to the latest, I've installed the monitor driver from the Samsung site and still this issue persists.

The current monitor settings are:

Black Equalizer: 13
Response Time: Faster
Refresh Rate: 240Hz

Adaptive Sync: Off
Low Input Lag: On
Firmware Version: 1011.0

PC Specs:

CPU: i7 10700K

GPU: RTX 3080

RAM: 32GB 3200Mhz 
PSU: Cooler Master 1050W 
OS Drive: Samsung Evo 980 Pro

Please see the attached video at 5 seconds to see the issue that I'm talking about (recorded on my phone)

Thanks in advance for any help. I appreciate it.

You could try a different displayport cable to see if it helps, but those monitors have been plagued with issues. 

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

23 minutes ago, Spotty said:

You could try a different displayport cable to see if it helps, but those monitors have been plagued with issues. 

I'll try get my hands on a new cable but I honestly didn't expect an issue like this. Is there a specific HDMI cable that will handle 240HZ at 2k because I have never had anything but problems when it comes to display port throughout the years.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Did you resolve this issue in any way? I'm experiencing the exact same thing.

I noticed that if I change to 10 bit color from Nvidia control panel then I get actual black screens for 1 second instead.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, 

I am having the same issue! I can update with specs if needed. I have changed a lot of settings nothing seems to work. I have the latest firmware 1011.0, VRR is on, Adaptive-sync is on, and G-SYNC is off.