new laptop suggestions

G-only1
Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,

Does she need any specific software or anything, or will it basically just be Excel, Word, and email? I'm not that familiar with the real estate industry and its software requirements, but it seems like as long as it can run MS Office and a web browser you should be great. Find a laptop that has good build quality and half decent specs and you should be great. I'm a fan of Thinkpads, and something like the Thinkpad E14 Gen 2 or Gen 3 should be great. 

I am picking out a laptop for my mom. she needs it for her real estate business. doesn't want to pay much over $1000. does anyone have any suggestions 

6 minutes ago, G-only1 said:

I am picking out a laptop for my mom. she needs it for her real estate business. doesn't want to pay much over $1000. does anyone have any suggestions 

Well, what is she doing? Does she just need it to respond to emails or what?

😳
Not that active so I may not respond.

Does she need any specific software or anything, or will it basically just be Excel, Word, and email? I'm not that familiar with the real estate industry and its software requirements, but it seems like as long as it can run MS Office and a web browser you should be great. Find a laptop that has good build quality and half decent specs and you should be great. I'm a fan of Thinkpads, and something like the Thinkpad E14 Gen 2 or Gen 3 should be great. 

26 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Thank you for the Suggestion 

I think a base Macbook M1 is just good enough, especially if she has iphone.

For a laptop, you don't need that much, a $500 Ryzen / i3 laptop is great.

2 cores, 8gb ram and enough SSD.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w