Are there and decent bookshelf speakers worth buying in the 250-325$ range?

AnUnQuietMind

Hey all, I've been stuck with plastic speakers with permanently attached cables and tiny subwoofers for far too long. I've seen in various videos of people using what look like bookshelf speakers around 8-12inches tall and around 5-8inches wide that I'm interested in looking for. however whenever I've searched on amazon i usually wind up seeing those types of speakers for anywhere from 500$ all the way up past the 1k$ range. is there anything worth using of that style with good sound that are a bit more reasonable. i want something for media and leisure gaming not something so powerful my paintings will fall of the wall. if I'm actually gaming with friends i use good headphones with a good mic, but when playing solo games or consuming media just a good sounding, reasonably priced set of speakers would work. the price point is in the 250-325$ (US) range not including the price of an amp. any links would be appreciated.

thanks!

Yes. But I do recommend the ones that can still be attached by cable for latency reasons as well bt is NOT a great solution at all especially for gaming and watching content.

As for your budget I tend to recommend:

The audio engine p4 series for passive speakers. They are good, decently known amongst people and often a recommendation.

However my favorite thing is to go thrifting. The amount of times I haven't found epic speakers for like 10-50 € a pair is kinda insane. They are often 10-30 year old speakers but that doesn't matter since speaker tech is still basically the same and man do they often sound good. I'm currently running some 1500€ Sony studio speakers I found for 25€ the mesh of one was damaged but that was a super easy fix. Just got some new mesh put it on both the grills and boom I have waaay too good sound for basically 35€ total and I'm not going to replace these things any time soon.

I think he means that the cheap ones all have the cable wired into the speaker, rather than the speaker having a cable jack you can unplug from.

Look for Klipsch 2.1 speakers.  Klipsch is my go-to for "price is no object, and quality is paramount".  And the 2.1 prices are quite reasonable.

On 10/22/2021 at 6:56 AM, IPD said:

I think he means that the cheap ones all have the cable wired into the speaker, rather than the speaker having a cable jack you can unplug from.

Look for Klipsch 2.1 speakers.  Klipsch is my go-to for "price is no object, and quality is paramount".  And the 2.1 prices are quite reasonable.

Sorry for the late response, im vaccinated but just got Covid so i basically have a mild case of the flu and have been sleeping alot. Yes i ment that the pebble speakers with the USB powered sub have wires that are a fixed length. i want something i can use whatever length cables i want rather then being stuck with speakers permenently connected by 5 foot wires that cant be cable managed. @jaslionif you could send me a link to the speakers you were talking about id love it. thanks for both of your input. 

time to get back in bed lol. have a good week!

7 hours ago, AnUnQuietMind said:

Sorry for the late response, im vaccinated but just got Covid so i basically have a mild case of the flu and have been sleeping alot. Yes i ment that the pebble speakers with the USB powered sub have wires that are a fixed length. i want something i can use whatever length cables i want rather then being stuck with speakers permenently connected by 5 foot wires that cant be cable managed. @jaslionif you could send me a link to the speakers you were talking about id love it. thanks for both of your input. 

time to get back in bed lol. have a good week!

https://audioengineusa.com/shop/passivespeakers/p4-passive-speakers/

Get em wherever you want