Multi display performance

Inkz

So before in the past when I used my laptop and an external monitor I swear it would give me way less performance, but I am not sure if it's because it's mixed resolutions going from 4k on the laptop to 1080p of the monitor or just something with hardware.   So right now I have a 240hz 1080p gsync panel,  is there any performance hits from using a different refreshrate/resolution for the secondary monitor?

You need higher bandwidth to push high framerate, but in desktop, the difference is negligible (unless you have a very under powered gpu).

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

1 minute ago, SupaKomputa said:

You need higher bandwidth to push high framerate, but in desktop, the difference is negligible (unless you have a very under powered gpu).

Higher bandwidth of what exactly?

6 minutes ago, Inkz said:

Higher bandwidth of what exactly?

Higher bandwidth of the display output.

1080p at 60hz total bandwidth is around 3Gbps.

at 240hz is 14Gbps

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

3 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

Higher bandwidth of the display output.

1080p at 60hz total bandwidth is around 3Gbps.

at 240hz is 14Gbps

I mean for desktop it is completely negligible, I have a 10900k and a 2080 Super so for me it's just having the side monitor up for lowering the framerate while streaming games