1080ti vs 2060 non super

mariobros
Go to solution Solved by WereCat,

1080 ti performs quite a bit better than RTX 2060 but the 2060 has a better NVENC Encoder, DLSS an RT.

That said, I don't think the 2060 with DLSS outperforms 1080ti, it at best matches it and the RT on that card is not very usable either. The NVENC encoder however is nice.

Not sure why would anyone want to give their 1080ti for a 2060 tough... sounds sus to me.

Hello,

I'm upgrading my build and trying to get a drop of a 3070 or 6800 to replace my 2060 non super however someone came to me today and offered a watercooled MSI 1080ti to exchange against my Zotac 2060. Is it worth the trade or better keep trying for the new generations one?

I play a mix of light games like Dota 2 and AAA games like Warzone, Battlefield. On 1440p resolution 100hz display

Thank you

If you don't plan on using dlss then yeah take the performance bump 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

1080 ti performs quite a bit better than RTX 2060 but the 2060 has a better NVENC Encoder, DLSS an RT.

That said, I don't think the 2060 with DLSS outperforms 1080ti, it at best matches it and the RT on that card is not very usable either. The NVENC encoder however is nice.

Not sure why would anyone want to give their 1080ti for a 2060 tough... sounds sus to me.

36 minutes ago, WereCat said:

The 1080Ti is simply a better card.

You probably won't find a single game where the 2060 performs better than the 1080Ti alone. 

I mean, not including any fancy new features.

9 hours ago, WereCat said:

So I tried for the change but when testing the 1080ti it had some instability issues (was too good to be true) so I decided to keep my 2060 and pray the Best Buy gods to open the sale again or get lucky on the AMD Queue