How to setup integrated WiFi

Borrowingsine81

On the Asus crosshair vii hero it already has integrated WiFi. I'm not sure how to configure integrated wifi though as I normally install a WiFi card on the pcie slot. Could u please tell me what I would need to do. Below is the link for the motherboard.

https://rog.asus.com/uk/motherboards/rog-crosshair/rog-crosshair-viii-hero-model/

It will come with some antenna to attach for better signal, they just need to be screwed into the back of the motherboard and then placed somewhere. 

In terms of software, it should just work out of the box, you'd just need to connect to the network as you normally would, though it's a good idea to download and install the latest driver from the motherboard's support page. 

1 minute ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

It will come with some antenna to attach for better signal, they just need to be screwed into the back of the motherboard and then placed somewhere. 

In terms of software, it should just work out of the box, you'd just need to connect to the network as you normally would, though it's a good idea to download and install the latest driver from the motherboard's support page. 

OK thanks

4 hours ago, Borrowingsine81 said:

On the Asus crosshair vii hero it already has integrated WiFi. I'm not sure how to configure integrated wifi though as I normally install a WiFi card on the pcie slot. Could u please tell me what I would need to do. Below is the link for the motherboard.

https://rog.asus.com/uk/motherboards/rog-crosshair/rog-crosshair-viii-hero-model/

This is the Asus Crosshair VII Hero. The one you linked to is the Crosshair VIII Hero.

I don't notice either of these motherboards already having a WiFi adapter built in. Unless you're trying to install one of your own.