Any news on when DLSS will be added to RotTR?

YoungBlade

The most recent Nvidia driver added support for DLSS in Rise of the Tomb Raider. However, the game itself doesn't have this option yet. Has anyone seen any news about when an update for the game will drop on Steam?

14 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

The most recent Nvidia driver added support for DLSS in Rise of the Tomb Raider. However, the game itself doesn't have this option yet. Has anyone seen any news about when an update for the game will drop on Steam?

Not that i know of. Either way, every card that would support DLSS can easily run this game. I don't really see a point for it.

Are you sure they didn't mean the newer "Shadow of the Tomb Raider"?

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

1 minute ago, Stahlmann said:

Not that i know of. Either way, every card that would support DLSS can easily run this game. I don't really see a point for it.

Are you sure they didn't mean the newer "Shadow of the Tomb Raider"?

No, I mean Rise. I just would like to get a solid 144fps at 1440p with my 2060 Super if possible. The game dips to 90ish on occasion with high settings.

This might be my first 8k game... *watery eyes*

Runs high / med settings in 4k just fine (at 60 locked) already. 

2 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

No, I mean Rise. I just would like to get a solid 144fps at 1440p with my 2060 Super if possible. The game dips to 90ish on occasion with high settings.

Are you running in dx12? That fixed stuttering for me.

Err, and idk when, but thats great news, I suppose update should be imminent if Nvidia added support 🤔

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

7 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

Tbf you won't notice a big difference between 90 and 144 fps in such a game. It's not exctly dependant on every ms of input lag, and animation smoothness has a very big diminishing return after 90Hz.

But either way, the more games support it the better. And if they decide to add it to Rise, i'd guess they'll also update the SOTR implementation to DLSS 2.0. Would be kinda weird if the older game has the newer and better DLSS version.

I'd expect the update to drop in the next few days if Nvidia just added support.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

37 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Are you running in dx12? That fixed stuttering for me.

Err, and idk when, but thats great news, I suppose update should be imminent if Nvidia added support 🤔

I'm on DX12. The issue seems to be that my graphics card has an issue with running the game at 1440p 144fps. It is basically always pegged at 95%+. I have it capped at 144fps, but even there it doesn't really get a break. In Tomb Raider 1440p high settings, the utilization could drop to 60% for long stretches and it would even downclock thanks to the cap.

39 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

Tbf you won't notice a big difference between 90 and 144 fps in such a game. It's not exctly dependant on every ms of input lag, and animation smoothness has a very big diminishing return after 90Hz.

But either way, the more games support it the better. And if they decide to add it to Rise, i'd guess they'll also update the SOTR implementation to DLSS 2.0. Would be kinda weird if the older game has the newer and better DLSS version.

I'd expect the update to drop in the next few days if Nvidia just added support.

The issue is the dips, not the lower framerate. When the dip happens, I notice, but then it's fine. I've considered capping it to 100fps, but if DLSS is an option, I'd prefer that.

Hopefully you're both right and support is coming soon. Otherwise, I guess I can just drop the cap to keep consistency.

There's also some really taxing settings in rottr, like "ray tracing" which doesn't use Nvidia ray tracing solution afaik... and 4x "super sampling" (forgot how its called, mlaa perhaps) but yeah, i think with dlss you should get 144fps (which is just such a weird number tho, I think i would prefer 120fps...) 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

3 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

There's also some really taxing settings in rottr, like "ray tracing" which doesn't use Nvidia ray tracing solution afaik... and 4x "super sampling" (forgot how its called, mlaa perhaps) but yeah, i think with dlss you should get 144fps (which is just such a weird number tho, I think i would prefer 120fps...) 

It's the refresh rate I run on my monitor. For a game like Rise, I might as well run at that. More doesnt really do anything. But I could run at less since the monitor is GSync compatible with FreeSync Premium.

I could try 120fps first, before dropping to 100, I suppose. That might be enough.

I've just gone from 60Hz to 144Hz monitor recently. Honestly don't notice much difference in most games I play, but I'm not always a FPS guy. 90 frames should be fine for the majority of non-FPS stuff I would think especially with Freesync.

5600x/RTX 4080

“1. Never tell everything at once.” - Ken Venturi's Two Great Rules of Life

Update is out (steam tells me)

Its crazy how many updates this game has been getting... 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

55 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Update is out (steam tells me)

Its crazy how many updates this game has been getting... 

Wow. I guess I should've waited a bit longer before posting. (Or I should've posted as soon as the driver dropped) It wasn't there when I checked yesterday. I'll try it out when I get home.

6 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

I agree on the diminishing return, 90-110 FPS is the sweet spot anything high is just not making that much differance apart from esports 

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

3 hours ago, YoungBlade said:

Wow. I guess I should've waited a bit longer before posting. (Or I should've posted as soon as the driver dropped) It wasn't there when I checked yesterday. I'll try it out when I get home.

Well, that's fine either way... and this was exciting news.... however,  it turns out its a complete clusterfuck and the game now needs an EPIC ACCOUNT to start!  

And they already rolled back because of other issues...! 🤣 🙃 🤔

I think however this is grounds for a refund or lawsuit,  im not willing to "link" my STEAM account with an EPIC ACCOUNT,  or any other account for that matter,  i think its hilarious this is even allowed...

For the record,  the game currently doesn't need an EPIC ACCOUNT,  but only because they "rolled back" this mess already... lol.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/391220/discussions/0/4580716151549230934/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/391220/discussions/0/4580716151549921865/

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

2 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

Well, that's fine either way... and this was exciting news.... however,  it turns out its a complete clusterfuck and the game now needs an EPIC ACCOUNT to start!  

And they already rolled back because of other issues...! 🤣 🙃 🤔

I think however this is grounds for a refund or lawsuit,  im not willing to "link" my STEAM account with an EPIC ACCOUNT,  or any other account for that matter,  i think its hilarious this is even allowed...

For the record,  the game currently doesn't need an EPIC ACCOUNT,  but only because they "rolled back" this mess already... lol.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/391220/discussions/0/4580716151549230934/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/391220/discussions/0/4580716151549921865/

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well that's fantastic, a really great update! We'll open up that Steam launcher and download the update to my computer, then we'll try out DLSS on the game to see how the performance is and it's gone.

Guess I'll try back later and see if they've fixed it. Who would've thought adding DLSS would bork the account system for the game...

20 hours ago, YoungBlade said:

Guess I'll try back later and see if they've fixed it. Who would've thought adding DLSS would bork the account system for the game...

The problem is they added this Epic online account system and the DLSS didn't seem to be priority (they messed up both anyway...)

I think they'll get the dlss working eventually,  but I remember it took em forever to get dx12 working properly (actually latest patch before this latest Epic fail/dlss one) so it might take a while. 

20 hours ago, YoungBlade said:

Well that's fantastic

Yes, i know you wanted to try out dlss and that blows, but im actually kinda happy, my Lara is safe, for now!

I'm just about to play through the dlc, in my "original explorer" outfit (aka mod) 😉

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity