Help Me Decide.

Rob_dog

Help Me Decide.  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which case should I purchase? Here are my choices, I want community feedback so please give me your honest opinions. I appreciate it. (Personal Upsides and Downsides in Comments)

• Corsair 4000D Airflow
    • Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic

Which case should I purchase? Here are my choices, I want community feedback so please give me your honest opinions. I appreciate it. (Personal Upsides and Downsides in Comments)

I am picking between these two cases, please help me decide. Below is the poll, and my personal downsides and upsides about each, but I want your feedback (honest feedback) so it's appreciated.

Corsair 4000D Airflow

+ Great looks

+ Great airflow on the front

+ Decent hardware support

+ Easy to access filters

+ Good cable management

+ Good price at $94.99

- Filter can get sucked into the fans and can cause noise

- Glass panel is insanely tinted

- Hard drive cages slightly hard to remove but doable

Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic

+ Easy 360mm Radiator Support

+ Good sizing

+ Great and unique looks

+ Large cable management area

+ Dual USB Type A Ports and Dedicated Mic/Headphone Jacks

+ Bottom mount for fans which makes for great GPU temps

+ Easy to build in

+ "Dual chamber" design makes a unique look inside the case

+ 9 fan mounts

+ Dual tempered glass panels create a really nice look, and they're not insanely tinted

+ Hot swap hard drive bays

- A little bit pricey at $149.99

This does depend on what you're trying to do this.

Custom water cooling? Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic all the way

Air cooled system? Corsair 4000D Airflow

These cases aren't really designed for the same market. The O11 Dynamic is specifically made for the custom water cooling crowd, and while you can use an air cooled system in it, there are better cases for that use case. The 4000D is more of a jack of all trades, it's great for an air cooled system and pretty good for a water cooled one. 

Plus, this really does depend on what you value in your system and what your aesthetic tastes are. Personally, while the O11 Dynamic looks good and everything, I like the look of a more traditional mid-tower more, so given these two choices I'd go 4000D. Right now, my system is in a be quiet! Silent Base 802, which I think looks awesome and has all the features I could want in a case. The case is the most personal preference part of a system, and the case that would be great for me might not be great for you. All cases have pros and cons, and it's up to you to weigh the pros and cons of each individual case to see what's more worth it to you. 

1 minute ago, RONOTHAN## said:

This does depend on what you're trying to do this.

Custom water cooling? Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic all the way

Air cooled system? Corsair 4000D Airflow

These cases aren't really designed for the same market. The O11 Dynamic is specifically made for the custom water cooling crowd, and while you can use an air cooled system in it, there are better cases for that use case. The 4000D is more of a jack of all trades, it's great for an air cooled system and pretty good for a water cooled one. 

Plus, this really does depend on what you value in your system and what your aesthetic tastes are. Personally, while the O11 Dynamic looks good and everything, I like the look of a more traditional mid-tower more, so given these two choices I'd go 4000D. Right now, my system is in a be quiet! Silent Base 802, which I think looks awesome and has all the features I could want in a case. The case is the most personal preference part of a system, and the case that would be great for me might not be great for you. All cases have pros and cons, and it's up to you to weigh the pros and cons of each individual case to see what's more worth it to you. 

I am going AIO-cooled for CPU

-= Topics Merged =-

Please do not repost.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Just now, Rob_dog said:

I am going AIO-cooled for CPU

Either one would work great of that use case. The Lian Li is probably a little better, but it's up to you as to whether it's worth the extra $50 plus cost of fans

011 can only fit an 154.5mm hight tower cooler and some can only mount 2-1 80mm fans in the back so ideally you want an aio on top. but imo gpu should be cooler.

the 4000D should have a taller cooler (have to look that up)

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links