Wireless headphones for PC AND mobile?

matrixatp

Hey guys, I'm looking for headphones/headset to use mainly for gaming and media on a PC (not laptop) but to also be able to connect to my phone while commuting. So far the closest thing I found is the SS Arctis 9. However those lack ANC. Some other cons are mUSB charger and Bluetooth 4, not 5. Not deal breakers but still. I'm unaware of earbuds that can do that but that is also acceptable. If anyone knows of an Arctis 9 equivalent w/ ANC your advice will be much appreciated. Something around the same price range. If no such thing exists I guess I have to sacrifice the ANC. My reasons: I don't want to buy 2 pairs of headphones, 1 for PC and 1 for my phone, since I don't use the with my phone that much.

The audeze Mobius exists but sadly no anc. Pretty good for what it is offers both 2.4 GHz and Bluetooth

13 hours ago, IAmNotASmartMan said:

I have Sony wh-1000xm4 and absolutely adore them. They're not too much more cost wise. For me, it's the best value for money I've ever spent in my life.

The ANC is amazing, can't hear my PC, can't hear my neighbours, can't hear traffic on the road. You will still hear some sound though, like sirens, so don't expect perfect silence.

I've actually become sort of addicted to the ANC to the point I even wear them over 1 ear whilst I sleep, as well as earbuds. So the 30 hours of battery life, with 5 hour quickcharge in 10 minues is brilliant.

They're incredibly comfortable, such good quality material, lightweight too.

No problem for them to hotswap between devices, the ANC will work even with nothing connected. Great features like turning off ANC either when talking, or when you place your hand flat on the earcup (alternative 2 finger tap to toggle), finger swiping for volume and track skipping, double tap for play/pause. They'll stop media for you if you take them off.

You could try the xm3's for a cheaper option too, I see a lot of people sing its praises too.

They have some great media on the Sony site if you want to check out more.

Well they are quite great headphones (I just barely got myself a pair) they appear to be a bit out of OP's price range as the Arctis 9s cost about $200 USD and the XM4s go for $300 to $350 USD. Great recommendation though.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

4 hours ago, IAmNotASmartMan said:

That's a much bigger price gap (+50%) than my country, where it's £180 to £206 (+14%).

There's also the option presented of the xm3's which are cheaper than the Arctics.

Glad you're enjoying your pair too! I'm on the fence of ordering a second pair so I never have to be without them lol

The gap in my country is even bigger. Even for the XM3 which seems like a good option otherwise.

Edit: Original price for the XM3 is 550 BGN, for the Arctis 9 it's 380 BGN. Currently on the same price because the shop that sells the XM3s has a halloween sale. Considering...

8 hours ago, IAmNotASmartMan said:

Does the store let you try them on to see what the ANC is like?

If they have it available in the store - probably but unlikely. Because after that if I don't buy it they have to sell it a bit cheaper as unpackaged/opened as a policy.

Sennheiser PXC-550ii.  Unbeatable OTE ANC for ~$160.

I'll give the edge to XM4's on ANC by a slight margin, but the 550ii's have a superior soundstage, imho.