Why my PC not taking Full RAM 4GB (usable 2.93GB).

Goutham a nair
Go to solution Solved by Eigenvektor,
36 minutes ago, Goutham a nair said:

I installed windows 10 64 bit pro , some applications or any programs are delaying and slowing down

and advantage is it uses full RAM  memory

4GB and hardware reserved is 64.8MB and i tested for 1 week , when i changed my processor celeron 900 to core 2 duo T6400, so thats...

I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say here.

Are you saying you had a 64-bit version of Windows 10 installed and you could use all of your RAM (-64 MB) but you switched back to 32-bit Windows because programs were running more slowly? Did you measure that or did it just feel that way?

I'm afraid there's no silver bullet here. You have a 12 year old CPU, trying to run a modern OS and applications. If you run it in 32-bit mode, you'll not be able to use 4 GB of memory, because some of it's address space is going to be reserved for other hardware. You need 64-bit mode to address all of your memory.

The 64 MB being hardware reserved is normal. The CPU has an integrated GPU. And as you can see it has 64 MB of "dedicated" memory. Since it is an iGPU, those 64 MB actually come from RAM, but are exclusive to the GPU, so they are also "hardware reserved".

Still better than the ~1.1 GB of hardware reserved memory you get in 32-bit mode, because more devices eat into the address space that would be needed to be able to address all of your memory.

Brothers , I dont know ,my Windows 10(32bit) is taking only 2.9GB not fully taking up. how to fix or is there any crack for using full GB of installed RAM

Screenshot (2).png

Screenshot (3).png

7 minutes ago, Goutham a nair said:

(32bit)

xhss9.jpg

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Assuming you really do only have 4gb of RAM in the computer, some of it is reserved for the integrated graphics.

1 minute ago, whispous said:

Assuming you really do only have 4gb of RAM in the computer, some of it is reserved for the integrated graphics.

but I dont have any integrated graphics 

Just now, Goutham a nair said:

What graphics card do you have

its intel GMA 4500M chipset, its 2010 laptop Laptop name :Acer Travelmate 4330

its intel GMA 4500M chipset, its 2010 laptop Laptop name :Acer Travelmate 4330

That's the integrated graphics using some of your RAM.

1 minute ago, whispous said:

What graphics card do you have

Just now, whispous said:

That's the integrated graphics using some of your RAM.

did u see some unmeanings

look the difference at shared memory and hardware reserved in RAM hardware reserved

my understanded calculations is that 4GB -1.1=2.9

4GB- Means full installed RAM

1.1GB means hardware reserved

2.9GB means enabled RAM

my understanded calculations is that 4GB -1.1=2.9

4GB- Means full installed RAM

1.1GB means hardware reserved

2.9GB means enabled RAM

and check out at display adapter properties screen shot

4GB-1.5=2.5GB ?? What?

Screenshot (4).png

2 minutes ago, Goutham a nair said:

wait 

The screenshot shows that you have 1,566 MB of total graphics memory (Total Available Graphics Memory), of which 1,502 MB are shared with system memory (Shared System Memory).

The memory is shared, so it isn't exclusive to the GPU, but since the GPU only has 64 MB dedicated, it means it'll probably use some part of that most of the time.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

3 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

The screenshot shows that you have 1,566 MB of total graphics memory (Total Available Graphics Memory), of which 1,502 MB are shared with system memory (Shared System Memory).

The memory is shared, so it isn't exclusive to the GPU, but since the GPU only has 64 MB dedicated, it means it'll probably use some part of that most of the time.

Plus 32bit only supports 3.5GB max so your total pool is 3.5GB, not 4GB.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 minute ago, Eigenvektor said:

not that, the calculations are different, that now i m talking bro

check at Total installed RAM - hardware reserved =Enabled RAM

4Gb                     -         1.1                 =2.9GB

and check at display adapter

4gb -1.5=2.5GB

Just now, Master Disaster said:

Plus 32bit only supports 3.5GB max so your total pool is 3.5GB, not 4GB.

Right. Technically a 32 bit CPU can address up to2^32 = 4,294,967,296 bit or 4 GiB. But not all of those addresses can be used for RAM. Some of them are reserved for the PCIe bus, the GPU's memory space and so on. So in practice you typically get at most around 3.5 GB of usable system memory.

Right. Technically a 32 bit CPU can address up to2^32 = 4,294,967,296 bit or 4 GiB. But not all of those addresses can be used for RAM. Some of them are reserved for the PCIe bus, the GPU's memory space and so on. So in practice you typically get at most around 3.5 GB of usable system memory.

Can we crack , or can we edit registry editor or group policy editor

4 minutes ago, Goutham a nair said:

No

No you can't use software hacks to get around these hardware limitations. There's reason why people switched to 64 bit CPUs and operating systems.

Also, your CPU is a 64 bit capable CPU, why not install a 64 bit OS? Your first screenshot shows "32-bit operating system, x64-based processor", so you could simply try and install a 64 bit version of Windows. You're artificially limiting your CPU by forcing it to run in 32 bit mode.

No you can't use software hacks to get around these hardware limitations. There's reason why people switched to 64 bit CPUs and operating systems.

Also, your CPU is a 64 bit capable CPU, why not install a 64 bit OS? Your first screenshot shows "32-bit operating system, x64-based processor", so you could simply try and install a 64 bit version of Windows. You're artificially limiting your CPU by forcing it to run in 32 bit mode.

I installed windows 10 64 bit pro , some applications or any programs are delaying and slowing down

4GB and hardware reserved is 64.8MB and i tested for 1 week , when i changed my processor celeron 900 to core 2 duo T6400, so thats...