Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Need help choosing fittings for highly specialized laboratory experiment

Hi all,

I work in a university research laboratory and I am designing a cooling system. Water will be cooled by a laboratory water chiller, and the chilled water will be used to cool down the hot side of Peltier units. 

The water chiller has a 1/2" Female "Pipe Thread" Connection. The Peltier units have a 1/8" Female Connection (specifically: Rp 1/8-28 and 10-mm deep). The recommended tubing is either 6mm or 8mm ID tubing. I think that 1/4" tubing would work if we got the right fittings. 

I do not want to use standard barb fittings with hose clamps. I know that PC watercooling has very secure compression fittings, but I haven't been able to find anything in the diameter that we need. 

Can someone help me find some fittings that would fit with the chiller and peltiers that are not standard barb and hose clamp? 

I appreciate the help, thanks everyone.

Can you not source these fittings from a lab equipment vendor, like Fisher or VWR? I would imagine they have a better solution of what you'd need.

It's entirely possible that I misinterpreted/misread your topic and/or question. This happens more often than I care to admit. Apologies in advance.

珠江 (Pearl River): CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X; Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Plus (WIFI); RAM: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 @3200MHz CL16; Cooling Solution: NZXT Kraken Z53 240mm AIO, w/ 2x Lian Li SP120 RGB Fans; GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 Founders Edition; StorageSamsung 970 EVO, 1TB; PSU: Corsair RM850x; Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh RGB, Black; Display(s): Acer Predator XB1 XB241H bmipr (adding a 1440p display in the near future); Case Fans: 1x Lian Li SP120 RGB Fan; Capture Card: Elgato HD60 Pro

翻生 (Resurrection): CPU: 2x Intel Xeon E5-2620 v2 (planning to upgrade to 2x Intel Xeon E5-2680 v2); Motherboard: ASUS Z9PR-D12; RAM: Crucial 28GB (7x4GB) DDR3 ECC RAM; Cooling Solution: 2x Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; GPU: EVGA RTX 3060 XC Gaming; StorageCrucial MX500, 500GB; PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750W; Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro; Expansion Card: TP-Link Archer T4E AC1200 PCIe Wi-Fi Adapter Display(s): TBD

I would watch out for the pressure, our lab chilled water runs at 75 PSI, normal PC water cooling is not designed to run at very high pressures.  Some chilled water systems run 100+ PSI.   You can regulate it down but you have to have enough pressure to feed back into the return line.

When I was working for Pharma, All fitting has to be Stainless Steel and able to take I think 200PSI.

The home water-cooling will not work for you.