Samsung S21 is not detected by PC

Go to solution Solved by ethan308666,
19 hours ago, Hip said:

It is selected that way and still does nothing but charge the phone.

it seems your cable might be the problem 

Hey guys

I had this problem before and somehow my computer was able to see my S21 after a while and now once again I can not use it anymore.

When I plug it into my PC the phone gets charged but nothing more.

Is there any setting I have to turn on?
I have turned on debugging in dev options but nothing works for me

thanks in advance!

Have you tried other USB ports?? 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

Just now, CommanderAlex said:

Have you tried other USB ports?? 

Yes.

1 minute ago, Hip said:

Yes.

Perhaps there is a setting in the phone for the USB port on what to do if the phone is plugged into a computer/data port? 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

1 minute ago, CommanderAlex said:

Perhaps there is a setting in the phone for the USB port on what to do if the phone is plugged into a computer/data port? 

I think there is one. Before I was asked every time when I plugged it in what to do, charge or transfer files. Now it just charges.

Just now, Hip said:

I think there is one. Before I was asked every time when I plugged it in what to do, charge or transfer files. Now it just charges.

Yeah, that notification when you plug it in should ask you whether you want to charge it or select file transfer. 

Also, does you computer have one of those fast charging apps? Sometimes, it will disable data transfer for fast charging instead. 

Just now, CommanderAlex said:

Yeah, that notification when you plug it in should ask you whether you want to charge it or select file transfer. 

Also, does you computer have one of those fast charging apps? Sometimes, it will disable data transfer for fast charging instead. 

I am not sure what a fast charging App is 😂

I dont think I have one

and you need to make sure the device is in file transfer and not in just charging 

Just now, Hip said:

I am not sure what a fast charging App is 😂

I dont think I have one

Something like MSI Super Charger if you have a custom PC. 

2 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Something like MSI Super Charger if you have a custom PC. 

Okay, I dont have this.

3 minutes ago, ethan308666 said:

and you need to make sure the device is in file transfer and not in just charging 

But how to change it when no message pops up?

and if you have developer setting enabled you should see a setting to change it from charging to usb file transfer 

and or is your cable just meant for charging. If you have the og charger cable for your phone use that you might have better luck and or go to the store and buy one that can do data transfer 

Jeez, everyone here is beating around the bush.

If your phone is also not recognized when you plug it into other computers, or doesnt fast charge using the cable you use to connect to your computer:

1. Cable is messed up.
  2. USB port on your phone is messed up.
  3. Your phone has other motherboard related problems.

If your phone is able to use QC and is recognized on other computers using the same cable:

1. USB port on your PC is messed up.
  2. USB controller or the driver is.

If your phone doesnt get recognized with different cables on your pc, on other computers, and also doesnt fast charge (you have to check the charging voltage using a usb "multimeter"):

1. USB port on your phone is messed up.
  2. Your phones motherboard is messed up.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

3 hours ago, Levent said:

Jeez, everyone here is beating around the bush.

If your phone is also not recognized when you plug it into other computers, or doesnt fast charge using the cable you use to connect to your computer:

1. Cable is messed up.
  2. USB port on your phone is messed up.
  3. Your phone has other motherboard related problems.

If your phone is able to use QC and is recognized on other computers using the same cable:

1. USB port on your PC is messed up.
  2. USB controller or the driver is.

If your phone doesnt get recognized with different cables on your pc, on other computers, and also doesnt fast charge (you have to check the charging voltage using a usb "multimeter"):

1. USB port on your phone is messed up.
  2. Your phones motherboard is messed up.

Can you tell me where I could find official samsung drivers for the phone (for windows 10 64 bit)? Thanks!

4 hours ago, ethan308666 said:

the setting will be called "select usb configuration"

1 hour ago, Hip said:

Can you tell me where I could find official samsung drivers for the phone (for windows 10 64 bit)? Thanks!

You dont have to install drivers for your phone to be detected. Driver I said there were for USB controller, which is extremely unlikely to be broken. Try the other things first.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

19 hours ago, Hip said:

it seems your cable might be the problem