Warranty Process

Bertolino El Coqui

Hello I bought a PSU from thermaltake around a year ago with a 10 year warranty on it and in late august to early september i heard a loud pop one night when i was sleeping and assumed that it was the storm. When i woke up it turns out that it was most likely my PSU was the loud popping noise that woke me up. fast forward because I was busy with school and work I finally got enough time to fill out a warranty claim on their website and on thursday evening my bank account was almost charged for about the price i paid for my PSU and was very confused with it because i had not seen an email from them because they ended up in spam. I attached an imagine of what they said. Im very confused by this in its entirety, like why was my card being declined causes them to go through with a warranty claim. It makes sense for me to have them ask me to pay to ship my PSU to them to see why it is not working. If anyone has any experienced with thermaltake warranty service or shed some light to me that would be wonderful. I'm just very concerned because it was a 100+ dollars for them to even go through with this claim why wouldn't I just by a new PSU1392390376_Screenshot2021-10-106_47_09PM.thumb.jpg.3da8e44a03c1b5fbe8cbb3ddde7bca64.jpg.

31 minutes ago, Bertolino El Coqui said:

Hello I bought a PSU from thermaltake around a year ago with a 10 year warranty on it and in late august to early september i heard a loud pop one night when i was sleeping and assumed that it was the storm. When i woke up it turns out that it was most likely my PSU was the loud popping noise that woke me up. fast forward because I was busy with school and work I finally got enough time to fill out a warranty claim on their website and on thursday evening my bank account was almost charged for about the price i paid for my PSU and was very confused with it because i had not seen an email from them because they ended up in spam. I attached an imagine of what they said. Im very confused by this in its entirety, like why was my card being declined causes them to go through with a warranty claim. It makes sense for me to have them ask me to pay to ship my PSU to them to see why it is not working. If anyone has any experienced with thermaltake warranty service or shed some light to me that would be wonderful. I'm just very concerned because it was a 100+ dollars for them to even go through with this claim why wouldn't I just by a new PSU1392390376_Screenshot2021-10-106_47_09PM.thumb.jpg.3da8e44a03c1b5fbe8cbb3ddde7bca64.jpg.

If they are doing a cross ship, which means they send out a replacement before you send in your defective unit, typically companies will charge you and refund the money upon receipt of your old unit (defective or not, for instance, if they determine it to not be defective they won’t charge you).

If it’s a standard RMA where you send your old unit in and wait for a replacement, they shouldn’t need your card, but it appears to be a cross ship type service. May just want to confirm. 

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

1 hour ago, Bertolino El Coqui said:

Ok.. The way it works is like this:

You send them the old PSU, then they send you a new PSU.

IF you request a new PSU to be sent to you first, they will have to charge you for that PSU until they get the old one back.

That's it.  If you HAVE TO HAVE a PSU right this second, you need a valid credit card to pay for that PSU.