Pc starting for a few seconds, than turns off

Enzo1001

Hi guys, so yesterday evening i turned off the pc without an issue. Today morning, i decided to change the fans of my aio and put it on the bottom of the radiator so the rgb looks better. When i was done i started my pc so i could send a picture to a friend of mine. The pc starts but than turns of after 0.5-5 seconds. Somtimes it even shows the tuf logo and the "press f2 or delete to enter bios" for a short second.

My specs:

CPU: i7 7740X

MOTHERBOARD: Asus Tuf X299 Mark 1

RAM: Corsair vengeance Pro 2X8GB 3200MHZ

GPU: AMD Radeon HD6850 1GB (alternative, ill get a better one when the prices go down)

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 S 450W ATX 2.3

COOLING: Cooler Master ML240L

Any Help is appricated! Please correct me if I´m wrong!

Sorry for grammer/spelling mistakes, but english is not my native language (it´s german in case you were curious) *expand to see builds*

Primary PC: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | GPU: Crossfire Radeon 6870 + 6850 | RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 2X16 = 32GB @ 3600MHZ DDR4 | MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F | COOLER: COOLER MASTER ML360R | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB | PSU: GIGABYTE P850GM 80+ GOLD | SDD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB |

Everything thats not colourful I haven't bought yet.

Secondary PC(Currently not operational): CPU:  INTEL Q8200S @ 2.33Ghz | GPU: GTX 750 ti / 760 | RAM: 4X2 = 8GB @ 800MHZ DDR2 OCZ Platinum | MOBO: ASUS P5E-VM SE | COOLER: Be Quiet! Silent Loop 280* | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB* | PSU: CORSAIR RM850 2019 80+ GOLD* | SSD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB* 

Everything marked with * is what I bought for the Primary PC and I'm just using it until I get all the parts.

Check if your AIO is plugged in correctly, especially the correct headers.

You can also check if your XMP/DOCP is still set to 3200mhz or reset in some way, even though it should work when reset.

I suggest you check all connections in general, you may have touched something that got disconnected.

12 minutes ago, FRD said:

Check if your AIO is plugged in correctly, especially the correct headers.

You can also check if your XMP/DOCP is still set to 3200mhz or reset in some way, even though it should work when reset.

I suggest you check all connections in general, you may have touched something that got disconnected.

i have checked everything, unpluged the mobo and cpu power connector, took the cpu out of the socket, started the pc without cpu, when unpluging the aio pump i get the same results, i tried pluging in the aio, fans instead; same result

Any Help is appricated! Please correct me if I´m wrong!

Sorry for grammer/spelling mistakes, but english is not my native language (it´s german in case you were curious) *expand to see builds*

Primary PC: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | GPU: Crossfire Radeon 6870 + 6850 | RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 2X16 = 32GB @ 3600MHZ DDR4 | MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F | COOLER: COOLER MASTER ML360R | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB | PSU: GIGABYTE P850GM 80+ GOLD | SDD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB |

Everything thats not colourful I haven't bought yet.

Secondary PC(Currently not operational): CPU:  INTEL Q8200S @ 2.33Ghz | GPU: GTX 750 ti / 760 | RAM: 4X2 = 8GB @ 800MHZ DDR2 OCZ Platinum | MOBO: ASUS P5E-VM SE | COOLER: Be Quiet! Silent Loop 280* | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB* | PSU: CORSAIR RM850 2019 80+ GOLD* | SSD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB* 

Everything marked with * is what I bought for the Primary PC and I'm just using it until I get all the parts.

59 minutes ago, Enzo1001 said:

i have checked everything, unpluged the mobo and cpu power connector, took the cpu out of the socket, started the pc without cpu, when unpluging the aio pump i get the same results, i tried pluging in the aio, fans instead; same result

I see. I'm sorry, but I hope someone more knowledgeable here can help out.

Even though your PC does that, it could be an indication that either something is disconnected or some setting is wrong. The PSU should not be defective in this case.