Super Flower Leadex Platinum SE 1000W 80+ Platinum (V2)

AEG_90

Heres the deal. I am using a 2012 Corsair HX psu. It is 850w gold rated. But I recently upgraded to a 6900xt and a 5950x. I may want a second lower end gpu, say a gtx 1060 or 1070 running in it at the same time. I would be folding at home with both gpus and or cpu too. This superflower seems to be a legit steal imo.

1000w platinum for 200 bucks.

https://www.newegg.com/super-flower-leadex-platinum-se-sf-1000f14mp-v2-1000w/p/1HU-024C-00020?item=9SIAMNPC0F2629

I have had a wide range of psus, including evga p2 and seasonic focus golds. I like seasonic, but the seasonic platinum is about 60 dollars more and out of stock. Is the evga p2 essentially this leadex one? Has anyone here had any issues with this particular psu?

10 hours ago, ajkid93 said:

. I like seasonic,

should not get Seasonic for RTX 3000 series, Seasonic in general has a lot of problems with them. Seasonic is overrated as is EVGA.

10 hours ago, ajkid93 said:

platinum

effiency is pretty much only marketing, should not buy a psu based on that.

I Use my knowledge as business owner and self taught technician aswell as an AI to help people. AI might be controversial but it actually works pretty well 90% of the time.

13 hours ago, ajkid93 said:

This superflower seems to be a legit steal imo.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/nQJkcf/corsair-hx-platinum-1000w-80-platinum-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-cp-9020139-na

With the more recent HX1000 only being 200$, that would be a much nicer deal compared to the Leadex Platinum SE. 

HX being among the best units you can get in the consumer market. 

19 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

With the more recent HX1000 only being 200$, that would be a much nicer deal compared to the Leadex Platinum SE. 

I do like my present corsair hx. it is nearly 10 years old. I may just go with the philosophy of staying with what i know works well.

4 minutes ago, ajkid93 said:

I do like my present corsair hx. it is nearly 10 years old. I may just go with the philosophy of staying with what i know works well.

I mean, its a completely different powersupply, but it is among the best units you can get. 

I may look further into psus. The hx1000 has six pcie and cpu ports. they are shared. the superflower has six pcie and 2 cpu connectors. my 6900xt if i recall has 3 or 4 8pins. so if i want to run another gpu, I will have to give it more thought. At the moment it is not an issue, but when i put my 1070 or 5700xt it might become an issue.