Massive GPU (10k score drop) Performance Drop - 3DMark. Need help understanding what's going on.

Maple Tea
Go to solution Solved by Maple Tea,
9 hours ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

What is performance like with basic DDU troubleshooting.?

Aka Download (DDU) Display Driver Uninstaller.

Uninstall GPU Drivers NORMALLY via Windows first and Reboot.

Then run DDU and Reboot.

Reinstall Fresh Drivers for your GPU.

Test Performance (hopefully fixed without OS-ReInstall)

Thanks for your reply.

I tried your suggestion and unfortunately performance was still as before. So I opted for a clean install, reverted back to the latest stable version of Windows 10 (21H1 - build 19043.1266). 

Performance shot through the roof, back to where it should be and all of the other problems resolved. So unfortunately, if anyone else is experiencing severely reduced performance on -- at least my version of 3080TI (EVGA FTW3) -- you will likely have to revert back to Windows 10 21H1 where performance is more optimized. 

I hope this helps anyone who encounters a similar issue!

Updated result: https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/66827730?

Cheers!

Hey everyone,

Hoping to get some help with this, as I'm a little clueless as to what's going on.

Here's four results to show the significant drop in performance with my rig - specifically with the GPU in particular. 

Result (3dmark.com)

Scores from left to right = Newest to oldest

I'm not indicating New World is the cause of this, but I first noticed the issue today after a few days of playing New World on maximum settings. Shut down the computer last night, and on boot, had no power to my peripherals from the rear USB panel on my mobo. A reboot solved that, but everything is sluggish on initial boot - login takes awhile, file explorer takes much longer to index. Monitored voltages during benchmarking, didn't notice anything suspicious. In the last few days, I noticed my PC would hard-lock on some loading screens (music, or noise would sound static-like, choppy and strange until everything kicked back into gear); or even just after logging into windows. Mouse cursor would slide slowly as the system caught up, but after that 'hitch'; everything would operate fine until next boot. 

Highest result on the 3DMark comparison I provided was running Windows 10, and I am now running Win11; but the performance issues were not evident until today (no new windows updates or software/driver sets have been installed between yesterday and today) - have been running Win11 since late August w/o problems. Trying to avoid a full clean install (and revert back to Win10), but it might be worth it to rule out potential driver/software-related issues.

Thanks for any input - it's all much appreciated!

Quick specs:

• Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) (Bios: 3801 // 2021-07-30)
  • Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT running stock clocks
  • RAM: 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro (3200MHz DOCP profile 1)
  • GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra - stock
  • Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus m.2 1TB + 2TB
  • PSU: Corsair RM850x (Gold)

Then run DDU and Reboot.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

9 hours ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

Then run DDU and Reboot.

Thanks for your reply.

I tried your suggestion and unfortunately performance was still as before. So I opted for a clean install, reverted back to the latest stable version of Windows 10 (21H1 - build 19043.1266). 

Performance shot through the roof, back to where it should be and all of the other problems resolved. So unfortunately, if anyone else is experiencing severely reduced performance on -- at least my version of 3080TI (EVGA FTW3) -- you will likely have to revert back to Windows 10 21H1 where performance is more optimized. 

I hope this helps anyone who encounters a similar issue!

Updated result: https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/66827730?

Cheers!

Glad you are back on your top tier performance metrics.
Kudos for trying, but still having to install, well at least it works now...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz