Are computer networks difficult?

GamerGry123

I am studying computer science at school. Unfortunately, in Poland, schools do not teach addressing, teach the theory on a piece of paper, explain what a processor is, show presentations on the screen instead of letting the processor touch it, show how to put it into the socket or show that some video processing programs use more processor, other garphic card show you how to check and make a processor benchmark in the CPU Z or Aida64 program, show how to check the processor temperature and it would be a lot more interesting.

From the network, it looks like at the beginning you started talking about ruiuter, what is switch, types of cables, such as concentric optical fiber. It was a bit more interesting, then we started IPv4 addressing, computing broadcast address, netmask, number of hosts.

And then it started to remind me more of mathematics than computer science, counting on the blackboard and in a notebook, it would be more interesting how we would physically make this network work.

I know half of my computer science lessons from what we have at school, I learned alone at home. Watching a movie, for example from Linux commands and learning them is much more interesting than when the teacher talks about it in the lesson.

We have 3 items from the network, a theory where we only count addresses, on the second we make a network in the cisco packet tracker program and network design where we physically make a network, but there we make a network in the GNS program, i.e. a program similar to Cisco Packet Tracker.

Another teacher asked me during the lesson what a router is, I replied that it is a device through which computers can connect to each other and the teacher said that it was wrong that it was a device through which packets are sent and received, but is it not clinging anymore? Yet he asked what the Access Point is, I said it is an Access Point, the Access Point connects to the router and makes a new wifi network from the same network and amplifies the signal.

I don't know, I would like to learn these nets, but I don't know with such masters. I do not understand much in the lessons on the Internet as well.

Another important thing from the entire class with 29 people, the network is understood by only three people. Few people are interested in this item. we are in the second grade and someone did not even know that the address is 32 bits each octet 8 bits, and the teacher is sticking to me that I did not say what a router is.

He wants to learn it, but when the teacher translates these networks on the board during the lesson, I don't understand much at home, I also check it on the Internet, and I don't understand much.

I want to show these teachers that I can do it.

Your teacher is an idiot.

A router is a device through which different devices and subnets can communicate.

A switch moves packets within the same VLAN/broadcast domain (without getting into mutli-layer switches). A switch moves packets in and out too.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC: