300$ max budget headphones.

Fosh612

I am looking for good headphones for rpgs which have good environmental experience. Has a good microphone which also have good soubd for music and movies. I was considering the razer blackshark v2 but it seems like it's too focused on fps which isn't what I'm looking for. If anyone can give me good suggestions would be really appreciated. 

Also I have two pairs of headphones, one a sony other a turtle beach. I only have the turtle beach for chat the sony is for audio. Sounds good all the audio somewhat transitions smoothly unlike the turtle beach. When using those I can only hear what I am looking at. What type of drivers would these be. Thank you!

Sony MDR7506 + mod mic

Work Rigs - 2015 15" MBP | 2019 15" MBP | 2021 16" M1 Max MBP | Lenovo ThinkPad T490 |

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X  |  MSI B550 Gaming Plus  |  64GB G.SKILL 3200 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference RX 6800  |  WD Black SN750 1TB NVMe  |  Corsair RM750  |  Corsair H115i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  Dell S2721DGF  |

Fun Rig - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X  |  MSI B550 Tomahawk  |  32GB G.SKILL 3600 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference 6800XT  | Creative Sound Blaster Z  |  WD Black SN850 500GB NVMe  |  WD Black SN750 2TB NVMe  |  WD Blue 1TB SATA SSD  |  Corsair RM850x  |  Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  LG 27GP850  |

Sennheiser GSP 300, or anything in Sennheiser line.  I would also consider Sony or Audio Technica (although I still think Sennheiser has higher sound quality).

I steer clear of gaming company cans.  Razer has atrocious build quality.  Hyper X I've heard some ok things about; I haven't personally used, but the sound stage cannot possibly be as good as Sennheiser.  When I first switched from Skull Candy, Beats, etc--to my HD439's...my tastes got discriminating REAL fast.

1 hour ago, IPD said:

Sennheiser GSP 300, or anything in Sennheiser line.  I would also consider Sony or Audio Technica (although I still think Sennheiser has higher sound quality).

I steer clear of gaming company cans.  Razer has atrocious build quality.  Hyper X I've heard some ok things about; I haven't personally used, but the sound stage cannot possibly be as good as Sennheiser.  When I first switched from Skull Candy, Beats, etc--to my HD439's...my tastes got discriminating REAL fast.

I'd agree with this. I have a set of Logitech G Pro's and they're fine for $40, but that's it. They needed more EQ than they should have, and they're still a bit too flat and boomy. Mic sounds OKAY.

Work Rigs - 2015 15" MBP | 2019 15" MBP | 2021 16" M1 Max MBP | Lenovo ThinkPad T490 |

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X  |  MSI B550 Gaming Plus  |  64GB G.SKILL 3200 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference RX 6800  |  WD Black SN750 1TB NVMe  |  Corsair RM750  |  Corsair H115i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  Dell S2721DGF  |

Fun Rig - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X  |  MSI B550 Tomahawk  |  32GB G.SKILL 3600 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference 6800XT  | Creative Sound Blaster Z  |  WD Black SN850 500GB NVMe  |  WD Black SN750 2TB NVMe  |  WD Blue 1TB SATA SSD  |  Corsair RM850x  |  Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  LG 27GP850  |

On 9/30/2021 at 12:41 PM, Action_Johnson said:

Sony MDR7506 + mod mic

Mod mic is a little too much for me. That's a lot for just a mic

On 9/30/2021 at 12:41 PM, Action_Johnson said:

Sony MDR7506 + mod mic

Mid mic is a little too much for me

On 9/30/2021 at 12:48 PM, IPD said:

How are the mics? And how is call quality. My Sonys are good but call sucks

I'd go with Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro or DT 990 Pro phones and a modmic.... both phones circumaural so they don't abuse your ears and priced ~$150.... the 770's are closed and give better bass... the 990's are open and have a better soundstage... (there are other brands that are worth a look at the price point--AudioTechnica/Sennheiser specifically, but I use Beyerdynamic, like their sound curve better, and can vouch for them specifically) they sound amazing, have good build quality, will last forever with a few earpad changes, and they aren't reaching into that super-audiophile $500+ paying for the last .1% garbage... make sure you get the 80 ohm version if you don't have a DAC or headphone preamp

I haven't heard a headset that sounded remotely comparable to nice phones... a modmic is like $50... it's worth it to not have to deal with average-awful sound IMO

Also, if you're going to be wearing them often for long periods at a time... do not get noise cancelling phones... they will ruin your ears... just get closed ones... it will isolate you enough and not program a cancellation tone into your ear bones

for $300 I would go with a beyerdynamic tygr, really good alternative to other beyerdynamics, easy to drive and is a ow impedance model that sounds good unlike other sub 250 ohm sub $200 beyers, should retail at about $150-$200. for  mic I would get an arm and a samson q2u or audio technica ath 2005. I rock the 2005 been super reliable for the past 2 years of using sounds good not complaints for the price. 

19 minutes ago, rice guru said:

for $300 I would go with a beyerdynamic tygr, really good alternative to other beyerdynamics, easy to drive and is a ow impedance model that sounds good unlike other sub 250 ohm sub $200 beyers, should retail at about $150-$200. for  mic I would get an arm and a samson q2u or audio technica ath 2005. I rock the 2005 been super reliable for the past 2 years of using sounds good not complaints for the price. 

I was about to recommend the Beyedynamic Tygr too.

You probably meant the Team Tygr? Team Tygr is the Tygr 300R with the mic. Beyerdynamic Tygr is a standalone headphone without the mic.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

3 minutes ago, CTR640 said:

You probably meant the Team Tygr? Team Tygr is the Tygr 300R with the mic. Beyerdynamic Tygr is a standalone headphone without the mic.

nope I hyst mean the standalone to save cash cause team tygr is too expensive for what it is

3 minutes ago, rice guru said:

nope I hyst mean the standalone to save cash cause team tygr is too expensive for what it is

Ah okay. The Team Tygr is indeed too expensive.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

On 10/1/2021 at 9:49 AM, Fosh612 said:

Mid mic is a little too much for me

It's $50.. 

Everyone here's recommending $300 sets, 7506's plus a mod mic is $150, that's cheap for really solid mic and headphones.

13 hours ago, Action_Johnson said:

It's $50.. 

Everyone here's recommending $300 sets, 7506's plus a mod mic is $150, that's cheap for really solid mic and headphones.

I thought they were 150 just for a microphone 

On 10/2/2021 at 8:51 AM, rice guru said:

Is this the 300r you are talking about

On 10/2/2021 at 9:10 AM, CTR640 said:

Is the mic worth it

4 minutes ago, Fosh612 said:

Is this the 300r you are talking about

I think you are missing a link

1 minute ago, Fosh612 said:

Is the mic worth it

no the mic the team tygr bundle that comes with is not worth it

1 minute ago, rice guru said:

I think you are missing a link

no the mic the team tygr bundle that comes with is not worth it

I'm noticing with a lot of these headphones that the xables are wxposed. No problems?? 

Link: https://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/team-tygr.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwqeWKBhBFEiwABo_XBhbflQiy3Zch4E7v4wUtO1gPh5K3lJz44zOGvZjkBcoL_l_cFAdwvBoCOmAQAvD_BwE

14 hours ago, Action_Johnson said:

It's $50.. 

I only heard of the wireless ones so my b. Although I am reading alot of reviews that they are breaking very quickly which seems odd for how much people recommend them. 

40 minutes ago, Fosh612 said:

I only heard of the wireless ones so my b. Although I am reading alot of reviews that they are breaking very quickly which seems odd for how much people recommend them. 

alternatively you just get a pair of $150 beyerdynamic phones and a blue yeti for $100.... that leaves you $50 in the budget find a boom stand, suspension mount, and pop filter.... which won't quite cover it but you'd have a typical streamer setup for an extra $100.... you could forgo it and deal with the sound of bumping your desk with the stand it comes with for $50 less than budget, a quality mic, and quality phones that have an upgrade path if you ever plan to record

29 minutes ago, DrunkenPanda said:

alternatively you just get a pair of $150 beyerdynamic phones and a blue yeti for $100.... that leaves you $50 in the budget find a boom stand, suspension mount, and pop filter.... which won't quite cover it but you'd have a typical streamer setup for an extra $100.... you could forgo it and deal with the sound of bumping your desk with the stand it comes with for $50 less than budget, a quality mic, and quality phones that have an upgrade path if you ever plan to record

Have you had experience with mkd mic. I do like the clip on microphone idea. I never used a standalone mic like that. Also, are the exposed cables on those headphones nor concerning?

38 minutes ago, Fosh612 said:

Have you had experience with mkd mic. I do like the clip on microphone idea. I never used a standalone mic like that. Also, are the exposed cables on those headphones nor concerning?

What I'm saying is.... you can get an industry standard mic and at least an equivalent headset if not better for $30 cheaper than that "package deal".... I've got a DT 770 pro and a DT 880 pro.... I like the DT 880 Pro a little better cause it gives you some air and a lot better soundstage... but the 770's have noticeably better bass and way better occlusion from your surroundings since the 880's are semi-open... I'm also not sure what the stand is like for that package... boom stands are probably what you will end up with regardless but that setup is little beyond your budget.... 

there are no exposed wires in what I was recommending

3 hours ago, Fosh612 said:

I'm noticing with a lot of these headphones that the xables are wxposed. No problems?? 

Link: https://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/team-tygr.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwqeWKBhBFEiwABo_XBhbflQiy3Zch4E7v4wUtO1gPh5K3lJz44zOGvZjkBcoL_l_cFAdwvBoCOmAQAvD_BwE

By exposed do you mean attached? There is a risk but you can get them repaired by beyerdynamic but they are pretty sturdy I've abused my 990 for years and it's still all good.

47 minutes ago, rice guru said:

By exposed do you mean attached? There is a risk but you can get them repaired by beyerdynamic but they are pretty sturdy I've abused my 990 for years and it's still all good.

I mean visible wires that aren't built into the headphones