Meet Astro (Amazon's new home robot)

AbydosOne
2 hours ago, X-System said:

Amazon want to have a robot "Astro" like Astro Boy ?

More like Bezos. I'm astronaut! Robot should be named Astro.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

37 minutes ago, J-from-Nucleon said:

It's absolutely not gonna be used by amazon to use this to collect more data on you

Yeah, it definitely won make a map of your house and catalog everything.... /s

BTW Sony lawsuit in 3,2,1......

16 hours ago, Spotty said:

Why would anyone want this in their home? If you want this please explain to me what the appeal of it is. 

At least an iRobot actually has a functionality and while I was against the need for a robot cleaner, I now absolutely love it, especially in dust rich environment since PC runs 24/7 in the same room where I sleep so dust is a nightmare. Robot rolling around and cleaning up to 3 times a day at different periods, it scoops up tons of dust on otherwise clean laminate floor. And even there some people have doubts about the cameras on board used for advanced navigation.

This thing however is nothing but a novelty. We already have a phone or smartwatch that can take the same commands and is way less creepy than this thing from Amazon itself.

4 hours ago, Rauten said:

So you're basically paying Amazon 1500$ for them to put a choker and leash on you.

I thought people hired a dominatrix for stuff like this?

That's an option that comes with the deluxe "Rosie" model.
Even has the frilly apron and duster like it did in the "Jetsons".

TBH I can't see any practiality in this myself except for having you spend $$ on a bot that does it's master's (Amazon) bidding and you don't have to be a genius to figure it out.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

1 hour ago, RejZoR said:

This thing however is nothing but a novelty. We already have a phone or smartwatch that can take the same commands and is way less creepy than this thing from Amazon itself.

It will probably be turned into a tamagotchi on wheels. Only this one will assist in ordering stuff from Amazon Prime.

Oh, what deals will be flashing on the screen?...