850 evo 500 gb not working.

Got laptop that had an extra drive in it (the 850 Evo). It comes up as a Microsoft storage space in device manager and cant be initialized in disk manager or formatted it in DiskPart

Disk part said it was cleaned successfully but still cant format or create a new volume. When I tried to create a volume it said that a disk specified is not dynamic. I also tried to create a primary partition and it said:

DiskPart has encountered an error: A device which does not exist was specified.
See the System Event Log for more information.

I do that (bruh moment) It comes up with this:

VDS fails to write boot code on a disk during clean operation. Error code: 800701B1@02070008

Is it doomed for the drive.

aaaa.PNG

o.PNG

see.PNG

bbbbb.PNG

Windows drive management works about 80% of the time in my experience. The way to get this to work will be to format it and wipe it in Linux. Make a bootable USB of Ubuntu, and you can fix this in the live environment. Boot into the Linux USB, and either quit the installer or click an option saying something along the lines of "try before installing". Once you're in the live environment, open up GParted to try to reformat the drive. Try to reformat it with the NTFS file system, and boot into Windows and see if it works. If you have any issues, you might need to do this through the command line, but it's not as hard as it would sound. 

Delete the storage space, then you'll have access to the raw drive again. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

50 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

Just out of curiosity, other than diskpart did you try any other software?  I use AOMEI Partition Assistant (FREE) for everything that I do with the drives in my machine.  You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.  Good Luck.

https://www.diskpart.com/free-partition-manager.html

wiped the drive apparently it wiped 920 something gigs off of it even though its a 500 gb (bruh) disk manager still thinks its stinky and cant initialize.

21 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Delete the storage space, then you'll have access to the raw drive again. 

how

Control panel, storage spaces, you should screenshot what you have in there and how it's configured.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

8 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Control panel, storage spaces, you should screenshot what you have in there and how it's configured.

I looked at that but it didn't seem to work right. Also clicking on change settings does nothing it loads (changes mouse cursor) but then does nothing and i cant select it again until i close it and re open it. (in the screenshot i cant click it again.)

oh.PNG

oh2.PNG