Tab S4 lte or Tab S7 wifi

Foxlightning

Hey guys, wanted to ask. I got a chance to buy tab s4 lte or s7 wifi second hand.

Both come with spen and keyboard and couple of cases.

I want ask which one to go for.

I will mostly use them for media consumption and work (taking notes, drawing etc.)

S7 is newer and more powerfull but s4 has better screen.

Can someone help ? 

Neither one have community support (custom ROMs) really. LTE tablets tend to be less likely to get this kind of support. This means whatever you get from Samsung will be it. The S7 being newer would get my vote just because it is newer, will be supported longer, likely has a battery that is in better shape, etc. I honestly don't think you're going to notice that slight difference in pixel density. You will likely notice the extra RAM on the S7 though.

9 minutes ago, OhioYJ said:

Neither one have community support (custom ROMs) really. LTE tablets tend to be less likely to get this kind of support. The S7 being newer would get my vote just because it is newer, will be supported longer, likely has a battery that is in better shape, etc. I honestly don't think you're going to notice that slight difference in pixel density. You will likely notice the extra RAM on the S7 though.

The s4 has been barely used so its battery and overall shape are top notch, also it has SAmoled. But then again, the S7 is faster and has more Ram, even tho I wont be gaming on it, just media and work

Also I wont be 100% custom romming it

I don't see any reason to go for the S4. Both screens have the same resolution but the S7 is half an inch bigger so you won't notice a difference. The S7's screen is Super AMOLED too and has probably received some refinements. The main reason to get the S7 though is software support.

On 9/25/2021 at 9:32 AM, Foxlightning said:

The s4 has been barely used so its battery and overall shape are top notch, also it has SAmoled. But then again, the S7 is faster and has more Ram, even tho I wont be gaming on it, just media and work

Also I wont be 100% custom romming it

I'd skip the Tab S4 entirely. LTE and the screen aren't worthwhile for a device whose latest official OS is roughly two versions behind.

• 4 weeks later...