The keyboard that does EVERYTHING – Mountain Everest Max Showcase

CPotter

A video on a FRIDAY? whats the world comming to?

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Very happy with mine

DSC06461_r.thumb.jpg.88b2034c9fad5037f6ceed1e10127149.jpg

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

So, no WAN show today I guess? That's fine, couldn't watch it live anyway 😛

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

4 minutes ago, Dutch_Master said:

So, no WAN show today I guess? That's fine, couldn't watch it live anyway 😛

?

it's 10PM here, WAN is at like 3AM.

LTT have mentioned several times that showcase videos typically came in addition to normaly scheduled content.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

GPD Win 2

I wish this option would have been around sooner. I paid $200 for a Corsair K95 in gunmetal maybe 2-3 years ago, another $100 for a set of their double shot black and white PBT key caps and maybe $20 for a ton of those silicone o-ring dampeners to fix the racket and get the feel I wanted. Then I had to splurge another $100 for that Corsair customizable touch display attachment that mounts to the top of the board. I use a micro bead wrist rest that was also another 10 bucks from Staples. Many would call me insane for spending $430 on just a keyboard, more so because for that price I cannot even replace the switches on the Corsair if they begin to flake out or make a racket.

While I do like the silver switches on the Corsair there are times when a clicky switch would work for certain uses and games. A keyboard that can have a combination of switches alongside different key caps is HUGE - say you want linear silent for bashing out a post but then use clicky switches on your modifier keys, cursor keys or F row. Serviceability goes up, you get to keep spares on hand if they fail, or can even change it out completely if you just change your mind or pass it on to the next guy.

One VERY cool attachment I would like to see would be a gamepad that plugs in the left like the numpad does, but has only those customizable keys on there and laid out ergonomically. Just imagine a whole grid of fully customizable keys under your left hand - far better than any wasd arrangement and a huge plus for shooters and strategy gamers. Even in professional use having a bunch of custom macros ergonomically placed right under your left hand will have a big benefit when it comes to speeding up your workflow. Now you have a keyboard arrangement that can do double duty like a boss :old-cool:

Still rocking 2 Sidewinder X6's one at work and one at home. Both still going strong after 10 years of daily use. Being able to swap the numpad to the left is actually really handy for data entry.

This looks like a reasonable replacement should one of them die. The numpad connector although being a more standard port it doesn't seem super robust if you're going to be switching it from side to side regularly.

I'm actually more tempted to take a Sidewinder x6 and convert it from the membrane keys. The x6 still has a far far better connection solution that requires no sliding gimmick. 

Style wise not a fan of the top hub nor the screens on the number pad.

5 hours ago, Luscious said:

One VERY cool attachment I would like to see would be a gamepad that plugs in the left like the numpad does, but has only those customizable keys on there and laid out ergonomically. Just imagine a whole grid of fully customizable keys under your left hand - far better than any wasd arrangement and a huge plus for shooters and strategy gamers. Even in professional use having a bunch of custom macros ergonomically placed right under your left hand will have a big benefit when it comes to speeding up your workflow. Now you have a keyboard arrangement that can do double duty like a boss :old-cool:

I was thinking a Macro panel similar to the Logitech G15 (original not the downgraded refresh) or the Corsair K95 (original not the downgraded Platinum).

I currently daily drive a Logitech G15 (original) at work and a Corsair K95 (original) MX Brown at home. I would happily buy 2x Mountain Everest Max with the Macro Panel in MX Brown if the panel was available to replace both of them. The Logitech G15 has been trying to die for a while and the Corsair K95 doesn't have a screen on it like the Logitech does, and I'm guessing that the screen on the Mountain Everest Max will be able to be used in a similar fashion to the Logitech G15 could be.

3 hours ago, crowy said:

I was thinking a Macro panel similar to the Logitech G15 (original not the downgraded refresh) or the Corsair K95 (original not the downgraded Platinum).

I currently daily drive a Logitech G15 (original) at work and a Corsair K95 (original) MX Brown at home. I would happily buy 2x Mountain Everest Max with the Macro Panel in MX Brown if the panel was available to replace both of them. The Logitech G15 has been trying to die for a while and the Corsair K95 doesn't have a screen on it like the Logitech does, and I'm guessing that the screen on the Mountain Everest Max will be able to be used in a similar fashion to the Logitech G15 could be.

Yep, I hear you.

I would have liked to get the Logitech G13, but with a proper laser trackball in place of the silly joystick. Of course now it's out of production and the switches on those weren't even mechanical. Just demonstrates how embarrassingly OUT OF TOUCH these manufacturers are with their customers. I always laugh when companies like Corsair come out with a product with some new fad/feature/gimmick/twist that they THINK will be popular. How is then when we actually tell them what we want they just shut up and do nothing to help??? And then when we tell them their product sucks they do a Gigabyte and get all butt hurt LOL

I've been trying to get used to the numpad on the left because I REALLY like not only the additional room on the mouse side but simply not having to stretch the right arm that far, but have had a hard time so far. Turns out I often use the numpad enter with my left thumb while still having the hand on the mouse instead of letting go of it to go all the way to the main enter key, as a result I keep hitting the right cursor instead by reflex. Also somehow it messes up with using the 6-key cluster, muscle memory is really used to how much to move in from the mouse position to hit the keys there.

So for now I still have the numpad on the right most of the time.

One thing that's cool is that with profiles you can have it on the right as normal for daily use and for games move it to the left and configure all keys as game controls/macros.

Actually just had an idea... @CPotterthe video suggests you got multiple units, can you try if putting a numpad on each side works? Would be cool if it did and you could map the left and right keys separately, but I'd expect it works but they both do the same. Maybe a suggestion for them...

F@H

GPD Win 2