$22 Logitech G502 vs $44 Logitech G502 HERO

Paul Rudd

What makes the Logitech G502 HERO worth the extra $20?

And is there a similar mouse for $22 that you'd consider a better option?

In theory, the HERO sensor.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

I own both, and I honestly can't tell the difference. If you're a very skilled FPS gamer, maybe you could, but I'd call it unlikely, and the extra $20 probably isn't worth it.

2 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

I own both, and I honestly can't tell the difference. If you're a very skilled FPS gamer, maybe you could, but I'd call it unlikely, and the extra $20 probably isn't worth it.

It would be a bad idea to pick the g502 for a competetive fps game though anyway.

7 hours ago, mousesnob said:

It would be a bad idea to pick the g502 for a competetive fps game though anyway.

I mean, the 502 is one of the most popular mice in existence so I'm sure there are a lot of people using it for competitive fps games. It may be too heavy to pass muster for an esports professional but for the 99% of people who aren't at that level comfort probably matters more. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

3 minutes ago, James Evens said:

What matters for 99% of people is the shiity scroll wheel Logitech uses on this mouse.

Apparently not. 

7 hours ago, mousesnob said:

What about for a gamer that plays a wide variety of games and mostly a competitive League of Legends player? I'm almost at 3000 hours over the past 2 years. I'm no professional or anything like that but I play to win and have fun at the same time. And comfort/feel for the mouse I use is important. I'm looking to switch from my Steel Series Rival 3 to either the G502 or a Razer(can't remember which one) that looks/feels similar to the G502. I fiddled with both at Bestbuy and they just felt really good compared to my Steel Series Rival 3. I do like my current mouse but the back/forward buttons are tiny. Not that the back buttons are important for League, I'd just like them to be bigger for when browsing the web.

32 minutes ago, James Evens said:

What matters for 99% of people is the shiity scroll wheel Logitech uses on this mouse.

As long as it's not susceptible to break, I'm fine with it being shitty. When a scroll wheel breaks, scrolling doesn't exist but when it's shitty, scrolling at least exists. I can relate to a shitty scroll wheel though and desiring it to be better. I think I may need to test out the scroll wheel before I buy it because I don't remember it being shitty.

2 hours ago, James Evens said:

yup. the one on the lightspeed fixed that problem though, mostly, could be better.

System Specs: AMD 5950x PBO-AutoNoctua DH-15 Black | Gigabyte x570 MasterEVGA 3080FTW3 Ultra | (2x16gb) G.Skill Royal 3600mhz CL18 | Corsair 5000D Airflow (Black) Samsung 980 Pro 2TB & Firecuda 520 1TB & Crucial MX500 2tb850W Corsair RMX | 2 Noctua A14 CPU, 6 Noctua A12x25 Intake, 3x Noctua F12 Top Exhaust, 1x Noctua A12x25 Back Exhaust

Monitors: (Main) LG Ultragear 34" 2k Ultrawide 144hz IPS '34GP83A-B' (Side) Acer Predator 27" 2k 144hz TN 'Abmiprz'

Peripherals: Corsair K100 OPX | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | Corsair Virtuoso SE | Audioengine A2+