CSGO, and only CSGO, crashing regularly

Go to solution Solved by TVStatic,

Title. I have a 3700x, x470, and 5700 xt all in a custom loop. I have reinstalled windows and my goddamn bios at this point. I installed all the drivers I need, and I'm still crashing. My screen goes black, I hear a few more sounds from the game (stuttery), and the PC restarts.

After 3 months of not using my PC, it started crashing in CSGO, and only CSGO. Deathmatch and arms race are usually fine, but anything with rounds like comp, wingman or casual will usually crash my pc pretty fast. Usually Mirage gives me the most crashing.

Last I checked, games like Cyberpunk and GTA run just fine. Minecraft with shaders too. I think everything but CSGO works.

I actually upgraded to windows 11, and the crashing stopped for like a day, and then started again.

I don't even know who to ask anymore. I would start switching out parts in my PC to find the faulty one, but it's in a custom loop, and that's a hassle. Is there any way to diagnose it through software in any way? Thanks guys

EDIT: I deleted any csgo config files I could find, and it seems to stop crashing. Don't ask me why it works, it just works.

Title. I have a 3700x, x470, and 5700 xt all in a custom loop. I have reinstalled windows and my goddamn bios at this point. I installed all the drivers I need, and I'm still crashing. My screen goes black, I hear a few more sounds from the game (stuttery), and the PC restarts.

After 3 months of not using my PC, it started crashing in CSGO, and only CSGO. Deathmatch and arms race are usually fine, but anything with rounds like comp, wingman or casual will usually crash my pc pretty fast. Usually Mirage gives me the most crashing.

Last I checked, games like Cyberpunk and GTA run just fine. Minecraft with shaders too. I think everything but CSGO works.

I actually upgraded to windows 11, and the crashing stopped for like a day, and then started again.

I don't even know who to ask anymore. I would start switching out parts in my PC to find the faulty one, but it's in a custom loop, and that's a hassle. Is there any way to diagnose it through software in any way? Thanks guys

EDIT: I deleted any csgo config files I could find, and it seems to stop crashing. Don't ask me why it works, it just works.

try doing a windows 10 installation from scratch, and redownloard csgo. what are your temps?

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

I did that unfortunately. I re installed windows 10 absolutely from scratch and even my bios. Everything was absolutely 100% stock. My temps are fine. I don't actively monitor them, but theyre like 70 cpu and 70 gpu maximum under heavy sustained load when I tested them. CSGO isnt heavy enough to make it exceed this, anyways. I don't think its the temps. I feel like it's either the gpu or psu honestly. The gpu is failing in some way, cause the screen goes black but i still hear things.

I can try installing only csgo another time, on clean windows 10, run it completely stock again, just in case, but tomorrow.