Anker USB-C only fast charges?

Demonic Donut

I have a pair of Anker USB-C cables I purchased a while back and noticed that my phone, Samsung S10+, can only fast charge with them. I generally keep fast charge disabled for battery life, and the time to charge is insanely high (6 hours if I'm at 30%) If I enable fast charge, everything is normal.

I can use my Samsung provided USB-C cable as well as the one from my Nintendo Switch to charge normally (fast charge disabled) on the same power adapters (I've tried many)

Does anyone know why this is? It's not a huge deal but it's annoying.

I'm guessing you bought the kind that don't have the 56k resistor? 

Do you have a link to said cable?

20 hours ago, OhioYJ said:

I'm guessing you bought the kind that don't have the 56k resistor? 

Do you have a link to said cable?

Apparently it doesn't have one. I didn't look into them much, I like Anker products so I just got one of them...

USB C Cable, Anker [2-Pack, 6 ft] Type C Charger Premium Nylon USB Cable , USB A to Type C Charging Cable Fast Charge for Samsung Galaxy S10 S10+ / Note 8, LG V20 and Other USB C Charger (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DC5PPFV/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_C6SR2KRWWTK6EYQMT1Q9?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

35 minutes ago, Demonic Donut said:

Apparently it doesn't have one. I didn't look into them much, I like Anker products so I just got one of them...

USB C Cable, Anker [2-Pack, 6 ft] Type C Charger Premium Nylon USB Cable , USB A to Type C Charging Cable Fast Charge for Samsung Galaxy S10 S10+ / Note 8, LG V20 and Other USB C Charger (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DC5PPFV/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_C6SR2KRWWTK6EYQMT1Q9?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I get it. Usually Anker products are decent. Their USB C cables are ones I've actually avoided though (could have been a bad batch I recieved), I received several that did not fit correctly. I've avoided them ever since. If yours fit tightly, like excessively tightly, be careful. Other than that random situation, I have several other Anker products sitting on my desk, Anker cables actually. My USB C cables are TechMatte though.

If you want "slow" charging you need the 56k resistor. Anker 56k Resistor Version. It's not braided, they may make one, not sure. Here's the TechMatte version. I've been using their cables for a while. As briefly it was tough to find "in spec" cables that did have the 56k resistor. TechMatte was one that definitely did. I've been using them ever since.