Will the LG C2 get the evo panel in 2022?

archTECTONIC

Has anyone seen any rumors of LG providing the newer OLED panel to its other models like the Cx series? I have a TV that just crapped out and I’m trying to decide if I should wait for the newer models if they will have the brighter panel or just buy the current C1.

I have tried to research is on my own but I’m not finding very much on the speculation for the 2022 modes.

10-20% higher brightness on an already 1500nit display may well be noticeable as thats another 150-300nits.

However 10-20% higher brightness on a 200nit display is only 20-40 nits.

The currently popular OLEDs sit around the 600 nit range in a bright HDR scenes and 300nits in SDR. 10-20% is only  60-120 nits more in HDR, and even less in SDR at 30-60nits.

Your unlikely to notice the difference without a side by side comparison with an ideal piece of content shown.

IMO, if ur thinking about waiting, just for the brightness increase alone, i wouldnt bother.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Like @SolarNova said, nothing to worry about really. In reality both will look pretty much identical. The higher brightness is mostly marketing to counter the "OLEDs are not bright enough" talk.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Me and most others are only waiting for the C2 because of 42" OLED. I coudn't care less about the brightness as I don't want sun-like brightness in front of my face. 32" would be perfect but oh well, maybe in 2042.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

3 hours ago, CTR640 said:

Me and most others are only waiting for the C2 because of 42" OLED. I coudn't care less about the brightness as I don't want sun-like brightness in front of my face. 32" would be perfect but oh well, maybe in 2042.

I think a 38" variant is also coming, albeit from the A1, which is the budget class OLED series that only runs 60Hz... I don't get why LG is taking so long for smaller OLED displays using their 120Hz TV panels. A 32" variant would sell like hot cakes.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

1 hour ago, Stahlmann said:

I think a 38" variant is also coming, albeit from the A1, which is the budget class OLED series that only runs 60Hz... I don't get why LG is taking so long for smaller OLED displays using their 120Hz TV panels. A 32" variant would sell like hot cakes.

38" are widescreens? And totally agreed about 32" OLED from LG. Literally every single time when I find a 32" LCD that I like, the endless issues like backlight bleeds, bad uniformity and so on, it immediatly turns me off. It's stupid, we keep getting limited by those stupid lcd crap. Microled won't be a thing in the next 20 years or longer.

DAC/AMPs:

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

8 hours ago, CTR640 said:

38" are widescreens?

The 38" i'm talking about is a normal 16:9 TV, not one of LG's 38" ultrawides.

On 9/22/2021 at 4:51 AM, Stahlmann said:

Isnt cuz smaller oled panels are actually harder and more costly to produce? idk i read that somewhere 

3 hours ago, KyberKylo77 said:

Isnt cuz smaller oled panels are actually harder and more costly to produce? idk i read that somewhere 

Not necessarily. The production cost is dependant on how much of the "motherglass" can be utilized. OLED TV panels are produced in one big sheet of 2.2x2.5 m and then they cut the TV panels out of this so-called "motherglass". How many panels they can fit on one sheet and how much scrap is left over after they're all cut out is what dictates production cost. Thtat's the main reason why 48" and 55" OLED TVs often cost the same or more for the smaller model. This video explains it quite well if you want to know more:

5 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

Not necessarily. The production cost is dependant on how much of the "motherglass" can be utilized. OLED TV panels are produced in one big sheet of 2.2x2.5 m and then they cut the TV panels out of this so-called "motherglass". How many panels they can fit on one sheet and how much scrap is left over after they're all cut out is what dictates production cost. Thtat's the main reason why 48" and 55" OLED TVs often cost the same or more for the smaller model. This video explains it quite well if you want to know more:

I would still buy a LG 32C1 for the price of 48C1. Dem much higher sweet pixel density and the sheer size, pristine image :3🤤😍

DAC/AMPs:

32 minutes ago, CTR640 said:

I would still buy a LG 32C1 for the price of 48C1. Dem much higher sweet pixel density and the sheer size, pristine image :3🤤😍

Ikr, i have the 55" C9 and it's by far the best display i've ever seen. If they would just release the same display in 32" i wouldn't hesitate one second to buy it.

46 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

Ikr, i have the 55" C9 and it's by far the best display i've ever seen. If they would just release the same display in 32" i wouldn't hesitate one second to buy it.

I wonder if 32" would come in 2023. It probably won't happen but we can only dream.

DAC/AMPs: