No audio output? (ASUS VG249Q)

rushias

So, recently I bought the VG249Q ASUS monitor at Best Buy. I bought it because it was the closest thing to another model that I wanted. When I got it home and took it out, i realized it doesn't have an audio output jack, it only has an audio IN jack. So, if i want to play a console game using this monitor, i have to use the crappy built-in speakers. Is there any way to work around this? I really don't want to have to return it...

3 minutes ago, mariushm said:

As Pixelfie says ... Here's another example product, cheaper and potentially more useful (but doesn't have optical out, only analogue out) : https://www.amazon.com/CableDeconn-Multiport-Adapter-Output-Converter/dp/B07GY4FP4T/

That should also work, but only with VGA as the others don't support the 3.5mm (see product image)

Does your PC have a headphone jack on the front panel?  If so, it should automatically switch to headphones when a set's been plugged in.

1 minute ago, VIVO-US said:

Does your PC have a headphone jack on the front panel?  If so, it should automatically switch to headphones when a set's been plugged in.

I have no problem getting audio from my PC to my external speakers. I want audio from my gaming consoles that's hooked up to my monitor to go to external speakers. 

• 9 months later...

I have this exact problem you described. I want to hook up my console to the display and play audio out of external speakers. Did you fix this?